Thread: Call centers to book your doctors appointments

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Call centers to book your doctors appointments

Patients would be forced to ring national call centres to make an appointment to see their GP under controversial Government plans.
    Surgeries would be urged to sack receptionists while appointments are handled by operators hundreds of miles away.
    Doctors’ leaders and campaigners warned that the proposals are ‘completely misguided’ and will erode the vital relationship between patients and their GP.

Read more: Receptionists face axe in plan to automate doctors' appointments | Mail Online

Another measure that will affect the poorest and most vulnerable in society. What cynical and ridiculous proposal. Imagine an elderly patient that's established a relationship with their surgery, they'll now have to book their appointment through some "computer says no" dim whit that's a complete stranger.
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours ." Steven Roberts

The likelyhood of you being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your actions.

Barack Hussein Obama, the president that got Bin Laden!

Thanks

Re: Call centers to book your doctors appointments

For the majority of patients, the best system would be to make appointments online.
    This would be an excellent system to introduce.
    Only patients without Internet access would need to ring for an appointment.
    Save us all £22,000,000 a day. Leave the EU.

Thanks

Re: Call centers to book your doctors appointments

Quote Originally Posted by DaveUK View Post
    Patients would be forced to ring national call centres to make an appointment to see their GP under controversial Government plans.
    Surgeries would be urged to sack receptionists while appointments are handled by operators hundreds of miles away.
    Doctors’ leaders and campaigners warned that the proposals are ‘completely misguided’ and will erode the vital relationship between patients and their GP.

Read more: Receptionists face axe in plan to automate doctors' appointments | Mail Online

Another measure that will affect the poorest and most vulnerable in society. What cynical and ridiculous proposal. Imagine an elderly patient that's established a relationship with their surgery, they'll now have to book their appointment through some "computer says no" dim whit that's a complete stranger.
    I must admit I don't like the idea of centralising appointments. Having said that it all depends upon the quality of the reception staff. Where I am in Mid Devon I prefer the local staff to book appointments.

As ever the Labour government made a spectacular disaster in paying GPs so much that they gave up covering out of hours duties.
    Don't let them ever manage contracts again. They have no business acumen whatsoever.