Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: N.U.S. action against Lib Dems, and possible military control of demos.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

N.U.S. action against Lib Dems, and possible military control of demos.

It seems the NUS means business and that it intends to hold Nick Clegg and other Lib Dem MPs to account using the Idea championed by Nick Clegg himself. The "right to recall" initiative which is yet to become law, proposes that a byelection can be called if an MP is judged guilty of wrong doing and 10% of constituents want him/her removed........... Watch out Lib Dems in marginals.

Also further to one of my recent posts where I suggested that Dave and Nick may well have to depend of the military to deal with protests against their wild and indescriminate cuts, it seems I may be right. I quote a paragraph from the article below which seems to indicate that preprations are being made for such an eventuallity.

Quote:"As police face continued critisim for failing to control the [students] march the Observer has learned that defence firms are working closely with the U.K. armed forces and contemplating a "militarisation" strategy to counter the threat of civil disorder.

The trade group representing the military................................are in negotitaion with senior officers over possible orders for armoured vehicles body scanners and better surveillance equipment.....................including unmanned spy drones."

Is this a sign that large cuts to the police force will make them unable/ or reluctant to control looming possibility of public disorder?

NUS starts campaign to oust leading Lib Dems | Education | The Observer
    Advocates of capitalism believe : "The fortunate must not be restrained in the exercise of tyranny over the unfortunate"

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: N.U.S. action against Lib Dems, and possible military control of demos.

The NUS doesn't really represent students. For the most part, students join the NUS for the discounts and facilities not because they agree with the NUS or anything of the sort... and their president, Aaron Porter is a complete prick -_-
    The only thing that saves us from the bureaucracy is its inefficiency
    ~ Eugene McCarthy

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LA View Post
    The NUS doesn't really represent students. For the most part, students join the NUS for the discounts and facilities not because they agree with the NUS or anything of the sort... and their president, Aaron Porter is a complete prick -_-
    I suppose that's why 50.000 students from all over the country were demonstrating against student fees? I feel you becoming desperate with with your language as you can see the coalition going pear shaped.
    Advocates of capitalism believe : "The fortunate must not be restrained in the exercise of tyranny over the unfortunate"

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Just more evidence that parliamentry MP's have zero integrity these days. They'll put on anyones political clothes if it means having power.
    I'd rather find myself disagreeing with someone with integrity, than finding myself in agreement with a political chamelion.
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours ." Steven Roberts

The likelyhood of you being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your actions.

Barack Hussein Obama, the president that got Bin Laden!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Expounder View Post
    I suppose that's why 50.000 students from all over the country were demonstrating against student fees? I feel you becoming desperate with with your language as you can see the coalition going pear shaped.
    Not at all, you are the one changing what I wrote. The National Union of Students doesn't really represent the views of students as a demographic - very few join out of a desire to be part of the NUS. The rest join because they have to, to get facility access and discounts.

You are bearing very narrow in what you say is the NUS representing students, whilst I am talking generally about representation.
    ~ Eugene McCarthy

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It seems the NUS means business and that it intends to hold Nick Clegg and other Lib Dem MPs to account using the Idea championed by Nick Clegg himself. The "right to recall" initiative which is yet to become law, proposes that a byelection can be called if an MP is judged guilty of wrong doing and 10% of constituents want him/her removed........... Watch out Lib Dems in marginals.

Also further to one of my recent posts where I suggested that Dave and Nick may well have to depend of the military to deal with protests against their wild and indescriminate cuts, it seems I may be right. I quote a paragraph from the article below which seems to indicate that preprations are being made for such an eventuallity.

Quote:"As police face continued critisim for failing to control the [students] march the Observer has learned that defence firms are working closely with the U.K. armed forces and contemplating a "militarisation" strategy to counter the threat of civil disorder.

The trade group representing the military................................are in negotitaion with senior officers over possible orders for armoured vehicles body scanners and better surveillance equipment.....................including unmanned spy drones."

Is this a sign that large cuts to the police force will make them unable/ or reluctant to control looming possibility of public disorder?

NUS starts campaign to oust leading Lib Dems | Education | The Observer
    Hmmm... private defence contractors, presumably fresh back from Tikrit, put in charge of crowd control. That's nothing short of a recipe for crimes against humanity.
    "Government by the people for the people becomes meaningless unless it includes major economic decision-making by the people for the people." - Jimmy Reid

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAMC View Post
    Hmmm... private defence contractors, presumably fresh back from Tikrit, put in charge of crowd control. That's nothing short of a recipe for crimes against humanity.
    Indeed. The military on our streets to control students???. If labour had so much as suggested such a thing, the right would be compairing us to China or North Korea.
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours ." Steven Roberts

The likelyhood of you being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your actions.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaveUK View Post
    Indeed. The military on our streets to control students???. If labour had so much as suggested such a thing, the right would be compairing us to China or North Korea.
    I'm just waiting for the coalition to order the water cannons in addition to the armoured vehicles. It seems as though Dave has every eventuality covered. He determined to gerrymander the number of seats down to 600 in the commons, pack the Lords with 60 Tory supporters, also ordering military crowd control equipment, and discussing with the army generals how to deal with possible major public disorder. SOS.

Sounds like Churchill's approach to the S.Wales miner's strike in the 30s.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm just waiting for the coalition to order the water cannons in addition to the armoured vehicles. It seems as though Dave has every eventuality covered. He determined to gerrymander the number of seats down to 600 in the commons, pack the Lords with 60 Tory supporters, also ordering military crowd control equipment, and discussing with the army generals how to deal with possible major public disorder. SOS.

Sounds like Churchill's approach to the S.Wales miner's strike in the 30s.
    This whole thing about reform is absolute rubbish... The number of MP's should be reduced and obviously Labour will get hurt by that because of the constituency bias. Wales and Scotland are overrepresented in parliament, and to have the Lords represent the election, more Tory peers are needed. They could just get rid of Labour peers, however, people would go mad.
    ~ Eugene McCarthy

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LA View Post
    ... The number of MP's should be reduced .
    Says who, and why? Which constituences should lose their MP and be merged into another, reprisented by an MP they didn't vote for? Who gets to re draw the political map? Let me guess, the tories???