Thread: Britain trillion pound horror story

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Britain trillion pound horror story

It was shown on channel four, and I find it horrible how the financial debt could be so large and the worst thing is, they keep doing it and they are going to push the burden to future generations, like me I fell especially cheated by labour as they started building this so high, and also the conservatives for destroying our manufacturing industry.

I find it terrible how the state is bigger than the private sector now and the private sector is supposed to maintain the public sector, but the private has no freedom with such large taxes, and the worst thing is 2 thirds of the public sector is filled with pointless jobs. We should lower tax greatly with a limit of 20% and we need to manufacture something but we cant do this with such high taxes.

I am also disgusted by the state not telling us and saying the national debt is around 1 trillion pounds it is terrible.

Reply with your though,

Radical change

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Britain trillion pound horror story

First of all, here's a website for you....

Generational Robbery. Or "Why you will be poorer than the generation that came before you".

...hope you find that interesting.

Secondly, I don't really understand how you've concluded that high taxes are the reason we don't manufacture anything.

We haven't made anything in significant quantities for over 20 years, and it's no coincidence that point in the past where manufacturing started to die (the early 1980's) was the same point at which income tax and corporation tax were lowered. It was also the same point in time when the government turned the full force of it's anger on the trade unions - who had been crucial in the development of manufacturing away from the dirty, dangerous and poorly-paid work that it had been before WW2.

When you compare now against the recent past, we live in an era of comparitively low taxes. Between 1945 and the early 1980s, the top rate of income tax was 83%. For a few years in the 1960s it could have (in theory) been anything up to 95%.

Between the early 80's and 2010, the top rate of income tax was 40% - less than half what it used to be. A new 50% top rate came in this year, mainly as a response to the financial crisis. I think over the next decade we'll see a gradual return to the pre-1980 rates, probably not in full, but I wouldn't rule out a 60 or 65% top rate in the next 10 years - particularly if the Conservatives are thrown out of government in 2015.
    "Government by the people for the people becomes meaningless unless it includes major economic decision-making by the people for the people." - Jimmy Reid

Thanks

I take it you're part of the tax payers alliance>? I signed up too for interests sake, although credit myself with enough knowledge to see the woods for the trees. Be a man, say what you really mean,
    Bottom feeders, literally. Trust me on this!

I can see why you would say "radical"!!! You could intersperse it with "awesome" from time to time,,,,,still , it means ****, when someone else is telling you what to say all the time.

Yours, etc etc

Lord and Lady Gaga

Thanks

TaxPayers' Alliance Bulletin - 12th November 2010

"Britain's Trillion Pound Horror Story

Last night the TPA's Director, Matthew Sinclair, appeared in a powerful Channel 4 documentary by Martin Durkin (of The Great Global Warming Swindle) about the state of the country's finances. Allister Heath, Editor of City AM and the chair of the 2020 Tax Commission that the TPA is in the process of establishing (we'll have more news on the Commission soon), also gave his views"

Need I go on.......TPA.....total piece of A£££