Thread: Why Religious people shouldn't be given any position of power or responsibility

Thanks

Why Religious people shouldn't be given any position of power or responsibility

Thanks

Re: Why Religious people shouldn't be given any position of power or responsibility

Just One persons opinion, many others with a religon have been perfectly adequate polititians.
    Not good to tar all with the same brush you know.

Thanks

Re: Why Religious people shouldn't be given any position of power or responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    Just One persons opinion, many others with a religon have been perfectly adequate polititians.
    Just one person's opinion. I find it hard to believe anyone who believes in something that can't be proven to be remotely true or even have any proof to be a danger to the rest of us. The more confidence people seem to have in flexing their faith the more they seem to make comments such as the one's in the video. IMO

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crazylilting View Post
    Just one person's opinion. I find it hard to believe anyone who believes in something that can't be proven to be remotely true or even have any proof to be a danger to the rest of us. The more confidence people seem to have in flexing their faith the more they seem to make comments such as the one's in the video. IMO
    Yet we have seen many of our leaders who are religous who have not let their beliefs interfere with their political duties. You dont believe, others do, live and let live its that simple.
    We should disallow agressive Atheists from holding political office also, when in office they tend to murder those who dont agree with them.......

Thanks

All i'm doing is expressing an opinion on a relevant issue, so live and live let live... Not all of us believe that religious people are of sound mind and this video is just one example... How many would you like?

Thanks

Religious influence in government

"We stand against the growing influence of religion on Government and the increasing desire of this current Government to involve religious bodies and individuals in the decisions of state, often in the name of multiculturalism. We believe this puts the large minority (maybe even a majority) of the population who are not religious at a disadvantage.
    Involving religious leaders also assumes that everyone of a particular religion speaks with one voice and these leaders represent a whole community. In some cases, women and minorities are effectively voiceless as are those who see themselves as belonging broadly to a certain culture but who are not religious.
    A secular government is the only way of ensuring that every citizen is treated equally.
    Claims by religious leaders that Christianity is being sidelined or excluded from public life conveniently ignore the facts that one in three schools is a faith school, that there are 26 unelected bishops in the House of Lords and that religions get special tax exemptions, among other things.
    Religious apologists sometimes argue that this is a Christian country with a Christian Head of State and that Christianity should therefore have a privileged position in public life (which, they argue would benefit other religions too, although they are not clear on exactly how). They resist, and lobby to change, laws that do not suit their prejudices, forgetting that it is the Queen who gives royal assent to these laws.
    While the NSS does not deny the Christian heritage of the UK, basing legislation and policy-making on a position that looks to the past rather than being informed by the present is not acceptable, especially as the associated privileges claimed disadvantage so many of the population, both those of other faiths and none."

I don't think my stance is unreasonable. A secular government will be able to keep things fair for all. A religious government will always be skewed.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    Scoot, you know as well as I do that hundreds of millions believe those stories to be true historic events. You also know as well as I do that people who believe such garbage often get into positions of power with disasterous consiquences.
    It's not just one persons opinion.
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours ." Steven Roberts

The likelyhood of you being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your actions.

Barack Hussein Obama, the president that got Bin Laden!