Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: UKIP Votes itself Back To The Future & Same Old Same Old failed concepts.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CHEPSTOW-#8-NP165ET-MONMOUTHSHIRE
    Posts
    1,987
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    UKIP Votes itself Back To The Future & Same Old Same Old failed concepts.

    Hi,

    Clearly UKIP votes itself back to the future and same old same old failed leadership - last week after a 2 month scherade!

    Farage, Nigel - 6085
    Congdon, Prof. Tim - 2037
    Bannerman, David - 1404
    McKenzie, Winston - 530

    Regards,
    Greg_L-W.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,183
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 53 Times in 47 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: UKIP Votes itself Back To The Future & Same Old Same Old failed concepts.

    God forbid that UKIP would elect Nigel Farage...

    You know, the guy that pretty much everyone knows, can deal with the media, can do public speaking... the front man of UKIP. It just makes sense to choose him on every level.
    The only thing that saves us from the bureaucracy is its inefficiency
    ~ Eugene McCarthy

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    5,935
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: UKIP Votes itself Back To The Future & Same Old Same Old failed concepts.

    Quote Originally Posted by LA View Post
    God forbid that UKIP would elect Nigel Farage...

    You know, the guy that pretty much everyone knows, can deal with the media, can do public speaking... the front man of UKIP. It just makes sense to choose him on every level.
    You missed out racist, demagogue, reactionary bigot, habitual liar, unethical reprobate. Yep, makes perfect sense. UKIP and Ferage are not the party they claim to be. They claim to be an anti EU party, which has it's merits...........in actual fact UKIP are simply the acceptable face of nationalism, as reactionary and racist as the BNP, they're just more subtle.
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours ." Steven Roberts

    The likelyhood of you being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your actions.

    Barack Hussein Obama, the president that got Bin Laden!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CHEPSTOW-#8-NP165ET-MONMOUTHSHIRE
    Posts
    1,987
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: UKIP Votes itself Back To The Future & Same Old Same Old failed concepts.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveUK View Post
    You missed out racist, demagogue, reactionary bigot, habitual liar, unethical reprobate. Yep, makes perfect sense. UKIP and Ferage are not the party they claim to be. They claim to be an anti EU party, which has it's merits...........in actual fact UKIP are simply the acceptable face of nationalism, as reactionary and racist as the BNP, they're just more subtle.
    Hi,

    hard to disagree with you but there WAS a core of decent folk, activists and people of integrity - sadly virtually none are left.

    UKIP has become little more than The Farage Fan Club - look at the results and when you think he has been or has been in the leadership for 17 years and the party gets 3.01% at General Election with not a single solitary candidate even within sight of election to Westminster - and as for Local elections out of 19,000 seats up for election in Britain they have less than 30 under Farage's leadership it speaks volumes of his abject failure as a leader.

    Do not forget under his guidance the party has halved its membership from the days when Knapman got it up to 30,000.

    Farage as spivs go is a good entertainer in a limited way but of leadership he hasn't a clue - his sole idea is to remove challenges by abuse and lies and use public money to hire a claque of corrupt praise singers of little other merit.

    UKIP is a part of the problem and has shown it has no part in the solution.

    It took 3 days on this political forum for anyone to even notice they had re-seated Farage after the debacle of Lord Pearson WHO FARAGE advocated!!

    Even then it was I who posted the information as no one else had - though I do agree it has little relevance to real politics.

    Indeed Dave - Racist, anti Jewish, Holocaust deniers, child abusers, xenophobes, and the sexually intollerant have proved to be Farage's natural alies in the EU !

    I CAN understand why Tories and the pro EU would welcome Farage as leader as there will just be more squabbling like ferrets in a sack as they all juxtaposition to get their snouts in the trough.

    As I said - same old, same old.

    Regards,
    Greg_L-W.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rural South Midlands
    Posts
    5,493
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries
    18

    Re: UKIP Votes itself Back To The Future & Same Old Same Old failed concepts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Lance-Watkins View Post
    It took 3 days on this political forum for anyone to even notice they had re-seated Farage after the debacle of Lord Pearson WHO FARAGE advocated!!

    Even then it was I who posted the information as no one else had - though I do agree it has little relevance to real politics.
    I suspect that is far more to do with a mixture of cynicism and amusement at the antics of a party which isn't going anywhere, than with anything else!
    Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant only an intellectual could ignore it - Thomas Sowell

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CHEPSTOW-#8-NP165ET-MONMOUTHSHIRE
    Posts
    1,987
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: UKIP Votes itself Back To The Future & Same Old Same Old failed concepts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midas View Post
    I suspect that is far more to do with a mixture of cynicism and amusement at the antics of a party which isn't going anywhere, than with anything else!
    Hi,

    I agree entirely and there are many ways to make the exact samer statement which sadly is entirely nihilistic and TRYING to put a positive spin on such a dismal outcome is not easy.

    I do feel that we should NOT just walk away from this slow motion train wreck but should TRY to steer it onto a branch line to topple over a cliff rather than leave it blocking the way of any future party that MIGHT deliver.

    UKIP had huge potential as our lifeboat but sadly the freebooters and bucaneers have seized control and failed to man it selling off the oars, stealing the rations and endlessly removing sound planks to replace them with rotten patches and flashy tingling.

    Without some completely new Messiah who, like all Messiahs in history, can walk on water and feed crowds I see no future for UKIP.

    UKIP has become a self serving micro version of The EU - a completely over micro managed centralised self serving dictatorship that destroys all ambition and competence and substitutes sycophancy, malice and greed.

    Regards,
    Greg_L-W.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CHEPSTOW-#8-NP165ET-MONMOUTHSHIRE
    Posts
    1,987
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: UKIP Votes itself Back To The Future & Same Old Same Old failed concepts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midas View Post
    I suspect that is far more to do with a mixture of cynicism and amusement at the antics of a party which isn't going anywhere, than with anything else!
    Hi,

    I agree entirely and there are many ways to make the exact samer statement which sadly is entirely nihilistic and TRYING to put a positive spin on such a dismal outcome is not easy.

    I do feel that we should NOT just walk away from this slow motion train wreck but should TRY to steer it onto a branch line to topple over a cliff rather than leave it blocking the way of any future party that MIGHT deliver.

    UKIP had huge potential as our lifeboat but sadly the freebooters and bucaneers have seized control and failed to man it selling off the oars, stealing the rations and endlessly removing sound planks to replace them with rotten patches and flashy tingling.

    Without some completely new Messiah who, like all Messiahs in history, can walk on water and feed crowds I see no future for UKIP.

    UKIP has become a self serving micro version of The EU - a completely over micro managed centralised self serving dictatorship that destroys all ambition and competence and substitutes sycophancy, malice and greed.

    Regards,
    Greg_L-W.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    5,935
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: UKIP Votes itself Back To The Future & Same Old Same Old failed concepts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Lance-Watkins View Post
    Hi,

    hard to disagree with you but there WAS a core of decent folk, activists and people of integrity - sadly virtually none are left.

    UKIP has become little more than The Farage Fan Club - look at the results and when you think he has been or has been in the leadership for 17 years and the party gets 3.01% at General Election with not a single solitary candidate even within sight of election to Westminster - and as for Local elections out of 19,000 seats up for election in Britain they have less than 30 under Farage's leadership it speaks volumes of his abject failure as a leader.

    Do not forget under his guidance the party has halved its membership from the days when Knapman got it up to 30,000.

    Farage as spivs go is a good entertainer in a limited way but of leadership he hasn't a clue - his sole idea is to remove challenges by abuse and lies and use public money to hire a claque of corrupt praise singers of little other merit.

    UKIP is a part of the problem and has shown it has no part in the solution.

    It took 3 days on this political forum for anyone to even notice they had re-seated Farage after the debacle of Lord Pearson WHO FARAGE advocated!!

    Even then it was I who posted the information as no one else had - though I do agree it has little relevance to real politics.

    Indeed Dave - Racist, anti Jewish, Holocaust deniers, child abusers, xenophobes, and the sexually intollerant have proved to be Farage's natural alies in the EU !

    I CAN understand why Tories and the pro EU would welcome Farage as leader as there will just be more squabbling like ferrets in a sack as they all juxtaposition to get their snouts in the trough.

    As I said - same old, same old.

    Regards,
    Greg_L-W.
    Hear hear. What is worse is that they've sidelined the anti EU debate by hijacking it. The anti EU campaign has it's merits (although I disagree with it), but with charlatans like UKIP and the BNP hijacking the debate and claiming to be the only ones championing it, they're actually harming the genuine debate.

    This may sound like a long shot, but I would not be at all suprised to see Nick Griffin get the elbow, and an amalgamation between UKIP and the BNP after 2012 with Farage as it's leader. He's a political oppotunist no different to Griffin, he's just better at it.
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours ." Steven Roberts

    The likelyhood of you being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your actions.

    Barack Hussein Obama, the president that got Bin Laden!

Similar Threads

  1. UKIP is sinking fast - by: Dr. Eric EDMOND UKIP NEC Elected Member
    By Greg Lance-Watkins in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-03-2013, 07:53 PM
  2. UKIP WALES Ex CHAIRMAN: 'UKIP is now a complete irrelevance'
    By Greg Lance-Watkins in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 28-02-2011, 10:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •