Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: British Combat Troops to come under French command!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

British Combat Troops to come under French command!

British combat troops to come under French command - Telegraph.

David Cameron will today announce the creation of a new Combined Joint Expeditionary Force (CJEF) of around 6,500 troops from the two countries.
    The new force is likely to include units from the Parachute Regiment, the Royal Marines and Special Forces including the SAS, as well as their French counterparts.

The CJEF is the centrepiece of a new Anglo-French military co-operation treaty to be unveiled today by Mr Cameron and President Nicolas Sarkozy.
    At a London summit the two leaders will invoke the spirit of the 1904 Entente Cordiale between Britain and France, signing a new agreement to co-ordinate work on nuclear weapons and raising the prospect of ultimately developing a joint deterrent

So is this the beginning of an EU controlled defence policy? Are we now metaphorically bending over and giving into the inevitable?
    "The people who have sacrificed their view in order to get to the top have very often left no footprints in the sands of time." Tony Benn

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: British Combat Troops to come under French command!

Don't like this.
    I completely and utterly object to the idea of a European Defence Policy. Yes countries can work together, however, we have NATO for this.
    The only thing that saves us from the bureaucracy is its inefficiency
    ~ Eugene McCarthy

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Love it.
    So unproductive has conservatism been in producing a general conception of how a social order is maintained that its modern votaries, in trying to construct a theoretical foundation, invariably find themselves appealing almost exclusively to authors who regarded themselves as liberal. - F.A. Hayek

Economic Left/Right: 4.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74

Thanks

Its just another step towards a European Army. Where was this in either of the ruling parties maniofestos? was this even debated in the commons?

The reality is that Britain is becoming unable to defend itself. In future instead of our Government and Parliament deciding on matters of the defence of the Realm, we will have to ask the French and in future, the EU too, if we can defend ourselves. utterly disgusting decisions by Cameron and his cronies. The more we lurch towards a european superstate , the more i think that the Tories are new Labour in disguise.
    Vote BNP

Thanks

This is actually a step against the Euro Force, by forming a rapid reaction force, that is outside of NATO and outside of EU control you actually have a force controlled by countries which actually have skills that are complimentary, the British and the French have long shared many common military operations, our paratroops, special forces and marines train together more frequently than is understood. The French use many common weapons and equipment and have more experience of low intensity warfare and counter terror operations than virtually all of the rest of our allies.
    I think that combined military ops makes sense, but the carrier gig seems a step too far.
    Just because i'm paranoid, doesn't mean their not after me!!!

Thanks

Someone once said (cant be bothered to look it up) while observing the french army "how the hell can anyone expect that lot to defend Paris"
    A lady prime minister of ours replied "They never have"

Thanks

The first priority of any government is the security and defence of its people.If cuts needed to be made they should have been made in other areas.There is no f*king way I want the defence of the UK to be in the hands of a reptile. Cameron has without doubt lost any, if it was only a little respect from me

Thanks

I hope everybody understands that if it wasn't for post ice age global warming the UK would be part of France nowadays.
    Libtards hate freedom unless it is the freedom to kill a child on demand for the sake of convenience. Otherwise they want the government to control every aspect of our lives.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I hope everybody understands that if it wasn't for post ice age global warming the UK would be part of France nowadays.
    And America would be part of the Soviet union

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Streetwalker View Post
    And America would be part of the Soviet union
    The US was around before the Soviets so I think you have it backwards.
    Libtards hate freedom unless it is the freedom to kill a child on demand for the sake of convenience. Otherwise they want the government to control every aspect of our lives.