Thread: It insults my intelligence.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It insults my intelligence.

It insults my intelligence when politicians, and councillors, they speak to us about the need for drastic cut backs, to often essential services.

It pains me even more, for if they ceased to use public money to fund white elephants (this is not a division of the BNP), then we would likely be able to hold fire on some of those cuts.

In my city, right now, we have tens of millions (and rising), being misspent of a tram project that no one seemed to want, save for some in Holyrood and those that stood to gain from it. All this time on, it is not finished, the cost rises, there have been delays due to contractor disputes, it has just been one expensive FAIL.

I also recall the building of the so called Millenium Dome, a New Labour vanity project, that was another huge fail, another waste of money that could have been better used to improve lives.

You can probably think of dozens of examples like this, in which large amounts are spent of projects, with no public consulation, that turn out to be expensive flops.

People of all political persusasions should be united in their anger over this, for it is almost apolitical.

JN

Thanks

Re: It insults my intelligence.

The Scottish Parliament building springs to mind!!!! 2 minutes from the tram system! I did see a tram on Princess Street the other week. It's there, it just can't move!

A bit like many politicians!

Yours, etc etc

Lady G

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord and Lady Gaga View Post
    The Scottish Parliament building springs to mind!!!! 2 minutes from the tram system! I did see a tram on Princess Street the other week. It's there, it just can't move!

A bit like many politicians!

Yours, etc etc

Lady G
    Scottish Parliment -fine example.

There were existing buildings that would have more than sufficed, but no, this had to be bespoke and have all the trimmings. The actual cost came no place near the original cost quoted. It doesn't matter which party (if any), you favour, this sort of thing is just flat wrong. Within this building, they made special 'thinking spaces', for the cutting edge of politics to do their pondering. Each window cost 10k - then they proved faulty, and had to be taken out.

Let us not forget one of the biggest tax payer con's in recent history - the expenses scandals! Both the Tories and Labour had their snout in the trough.

All of this shows where their true objectives lie - with making the life of them and their friends easier, and to hell with everyone else.

Thanks

Dear Jack

I think it was more than a fine example! I did have a wee look at the tram windows -happily it didn't look like they cost 10K!

Yours, etc etc

Lady G

Thanks

Well as I said in a previous thread. maybe one day we will all be able to bow down to your intellectual superiority and holier than thou sneering atitude!
    Vote BNP