Thread: Silvio Berlusconi gift to Blair sold for 98 on eBay by Cherie

Thanks

Silvio Berlusconi gift to Blair sold for 98 on eBay by Cherie

Her husband has banked an estimated 20 million since leaving office three years ago, but Cherie Blair, it seems, still has a passion for counting the pennies.

While Tony Blair has been earning up to 6,000 per minute as a speaker, his wife has been adding to the family fortunes by selling a watch thought to have been given to the former prime minister by his Italian counterpart, Silvio Berlusconi.

Earlier this month, Mrs Blair sold the Locman Mare Titanium timepiece on eBay, the auction website, for 98 after advertising it as "unused in its original box with guarantee".

Nor was the watch the only thing Mrs Blair sold in recent months. Among the more bizarre items she offered was a piece of paper signed by her husband, which fetched 10 last week.
    A spokesman for Mrs Blair claimed she had not intended to profit from the autograph, saying she had advertised it to "undermine the market" in Blair signatures, because she was upset that people were selling them for up to 35. She claimed to have refunded the 10 as soon as she had sold the signature.

Silvio Berlusconi gift to Blair sold for 98 on eBay by Cherie - Telegraph

Do the Blairs have no shame?
    Vote BNP

Major Sinic Guest

Re: Silvio Berlusconi gift to Blair sold for 98 on eBay by Cherie

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
    Her husband has banked an estimated 20 million since leaving office three years ago, but Cherie Blair, it seems, still has a passion for counting the pennies.

While Tony Blair has been earning up to 6,000 per minute as a speaker, his wife has been adding to the family fortunes by selling a watch thought to have been given to the former prime minister by his Italian counterpart, Silvio Berlusconi.

Earlier this month, Mrs Blair sold the Locman Mare Titanium timepiece on eBay, the auction website, for 98 after advertising it as "unused in its original box with guarantee".

Nor was the watch the only thing Mrs Blair sold in recent months. Among the more bizarre items she offered was a piece of paper signed by her husband, which fetched 10 last week.
    A spokesman for Mrs Blair claimed she had not intended to profit from the autograph, saying she had advertised it to "undermine the market" in Blair signatures, because she was upset that people were selling them for up to 35. She claimed to have refunded the 10 as soon as she had sold the signature.

Reputedly Silvio Berlusconi gave Tony Blair sixteen such watches! Now this raises a number of issues! Does Berlusconi suffer from Alzheimers and keep forgetting he had already given Blair numerous watches? Was Blair's timekeeping as lacking as his integrity that he needed sixteen watches, or was this a ruse between the two leaders and Mrs B to get the Italian taxpayer to pay for the watches, and to avoid import duties by giving them as a gift, and then sell them on Ebay and split the proceeds cash and no questions asked!! I favour the latter myself!!

Thanks

Among the more bizarre items she offered was a piece of paper signed by her husband, which fetched 10 last week.

10 for something decent to wipe one's bottom on, I'd have probably bid at least 12.50 depending obviously on the quality of the paper.

Thanks

No, the Blairs have no shame.You would have thought they would have found a rock to live under away from the public glare by now

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    Reputedly Silvio Berlusconi gave Tony Blair sixteen such watches! Now this raises a number of issues! Does Berlusconi suffer from Alzheimers and keep forgetting he had already given Blair numerous watches? Was Blair's timekeeping as lacking as his integrity that he needed sixteen watches, or was this a ruse between the two leaders and Mrs B to get the Italian taxpayer to pay for the watches, and to avoid import duties by giving them as a gift, and then sell them on Ebay and split the proceeds cash and no questions asked!! I favour the latter myself!!
    Atleast he never gave them passport to enter heaven and northern rock bank.
    Reality and Proof can make a for the fixed Rule customs and principle. And Cloud Nile

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angelcountry View Post
    Atleast he never gave them passport to enter heaven and northern rock bank.

By the way, how much crack do you have to smoke to reach cloud nine?
    Vote BNP

Thanks
    Blog Entries

By the way, how much crack do you have to smoke to reach cloud nine?
    Oh my friend, i dont think have ever find me wanting in those area less than two years even, but i enjoyed a lot of grass with your professionals then, you knew it aswell.
    Reality and Proof can make a for the fixed Rule customs and principle. And Cloud Nile