Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 'Aliens' & The Bible.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

'Aliens' & The Bible.

We can start with this short film, then I will add more later, if there is any interest.

Thanks

Thanks

Re: 'Aliens' & The Bible.

Monty Pythons Life of Brian covered the Alien issue also, looking at the life and times of that Jesus fella there are some examples of Aliens in that story.
    The opening of the tomb for example, who moved the rock to enable the body to disapear, it must have been Aliens, I meen surely just because some people moved the rock into place dosnt meen that other people couldnt move it out?
    Deffo Aliens, perhaps Illegal Aliens....

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    Monty Pythons Life of Brian covered the Alien issue also, looking at the life and times of that Jesus fella there are some examples of Aliens in that story.
    The opening of the tomb for example, who moved the rock to enable the body to disapear, it must have been Aliens, I meen surely just because some people moved the rock into place dosnt meen that other people couldnt move it out?
    Deffo Aliens, perhaps Illegal Aliens....
    Or, it could have been a total fabrication??
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours ." Steven Roberts

The likelyhood of you being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your actions.

Barack Hussein Obama, the president that got Bin Laden!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Jack, a few things to note about that film.

The art depicting Biblican Christian stories was produced centuries after the actual events, the artist would not have been an eye witness. The only reference they would have had would have been the Bible and their imagination.
    During my theology study course there was a small section on the possibility of "ET's". My conclusion was that the same wish thinking is attached to these stories by those that attempt to explain them away as ET's visiting the planet, as those who believe they are true stories describing devine events, inspired by a devine creator.

I think as a species that is possibly the first on this planet to be aware of our own existence, and aware of our inevitable demise, it is innate in us to not want to be alone in the universe. Some people fill it with wish thinking that we are constantly visited by human like ET's. Some fill it with the notion that all of this was created for us by a celestial dictator that constantly watches us.
    With regard to religion, we as a species find comfort in the notion that we somehow survive our own death, and that those we dislike, disagree with, or have done wrong will suffer.

It's all wish thinking.
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours ." Steven Roberts

The likelyhood of you being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your actions.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaveUK View Post

The art depicting Biblican Christian stories was produced centuries after the actual events, the artist would not have been an eye witness. The only reference they would have had would have been the Bible and their imagination.
    During my theology study course there was a small section on the possibility of "ET's". My conclusion was that the same wish thinking is attached to these stories by those that attempt to explain them away as ET's visiting the planet, as those who believe they are true stories describing devine events, inspired by a devine creator.

I think as a species that is possibly the first on this planet to be aware of our own existence, and aware of our inevitable demise, it is innate in us to not want to be alone in the universe. Some people fill it with wish thinking that we are constantly visited by human like ET's. Some fill it with the notion that all of this was created for us by a celestial dictator that constantly watches us.
    With regard to religion, we as a species find comfort in the notion that we somehow survive our own death, and that those we dislike, disagree with, or have done wrong will suffer.

It's all wish thinking.
    Please note, Dave, I did not put that footage up as conclusive proof of anything!

I am merely attempting to look at the Bible, and it's content, through 'new' eyes, modern eyes.

Permit me to illustrate an example.

If I were to go deep into the Amazon, it is perhaps possible, is it not, that I would come across a tribe whose experience of a male, that looked and sounded like me would be rather limited, even entirely absent.

Now, let us suppose that I visited them in a helicopter.

Then let us suppose that I showed them some pictures from my laptop.

Then I left, never to return.

This incredible event would, I am sure you agree, not be forgotten by the tribe.

Indeed, not only would it not be forgotten, but I logically suggest it would be spoken of, and passed down their tribe, for decades to come, maybe more.

It would perhaps be the single most staggering event they had ever seen, imho.

Now, as this information was passed along, in spoken form, of course, the tribesmen, they could not possibly hope to recount it like this;

'Fella turned up in a helicopter, stayed a while, showed us his laptop, went away'.

They could speak of what they had seen, however, only in the way that their brains had computed what they had witnessed.

As time went on, and the story of my visit was passed from generation to generation, I do not think it is beyond the realms of possibility that they may describe it like this;

'A strange man, with strange coloured skin, came down from the heavens. He came out of a firey bird, which roared. He walked among us, considerably taller than any of us. We were to see a magical land, on a box.'

To them, what they had witnessed would be tantamount to a 'divine' experience.

Does that make any sense, Dave?

Thanks

I think that the video on youtube is absolutely outrageous.
    I saw no acknowledgement whatsoever of the soundtrack from the Enigma project.
    That really is terrible.
    Save us all 22,000,000 a day. Leave the EU.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ha ha - good one, Barry!

Wouldn't mind keeping this discussion at least part way serious, though.

Hope Dave comes back to my previous post, as I feel I made a decent analogy there.

I would also argue this;

There is more 'evidence' of intelligently controlled 'alien' craft than there is any invisible and immaterial 'god'.

How?

Here's how:

1) There are tens of thousands of pics to support the former. Sure, many will be faked or something terrestrial, however, among those, there ARE a % which have never been explained, and do remain a genuine mystery. The entire case of Billy Meir is worth looking at, but there are others. There is no photographic evidence to support a single thing that is claimed in the Bible, Koran, Torah, etc. Now, before anyone says - 'Ah, but there were no camera's back then', I would say to you - 'Was god, the almighty, was he not capable of leaving behind photographic evidence'..?

2) All eye witness accounts of Biblical events are long since dead. They cannot be questioned, cross examined, nor placed under a lie detector test. Compare that to the witness of the UFO, many of whom are still very much alive, many of whom who have successfully passed a lie detector test.

3) There is a precedent to intelligently controlled and solid flying craft - we humans have invented them! There is no precedent to an invisible entity who spends each day watching over everyone, listening to their every word, reading their every thought.

4) The witnesses to UFO's have quite often been those you would normally deem as reliable, air line pilots, police officers, and so on. People who are educated. Whose word would be more reliable - them or some sheperd's who could not read or write?

JN

Thanks

Or, it could have been a total fabrication??
    What Monty Python? Never!! it is real and it offers us the truth( welsh tarts too) how dare you voice such Blasphemy, Heretic!

Thanks

It's all wish thinking.
    There is Life after death, the **** we post here will still be around after we die, for a while at least, until some daft **** with a Nuke changes everything!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Please note, Dave, I did not put that footage up as conclusive proof of anything!

I am merely attempting to look at the Bible, and it's content, through 'new' eyes, modern eyes.

Permit me to illustrate an example.

If I were to go deep into the Amazon, it is perhaps possible, is it not, that I would come across a tribe whose experience of a male, that looked and sounded like me would be rather limited, even entirely absent.

Now, let us suppose that I visited them in a helicopter.

Then let us suppose that I showed them some pictures from my laptop.

Then I left, never to return.

This incredible event would, I am sure you agree, not be forgotten by the tribe.

Indeed, not only would it not be forgotten, but I logically suggest it would be spoken of, and passed down their tribe, for decades to come, maybe more.

It would perhaps be the single most staggering event they had ever seen, imho.

Now, as this information was passed along, in spoken form, of course, the tribesmen, they could not possibly hope to recount it like this;

'Fella turned up in a helicopter, stayed a while, showed us his laptop, went away'.

They could speak of what they had seen, however, only in the way that their brains had computed what they had witnessed.

As time went on, and the story of my visit was passed from generation to generation, I do not think it is beyond the realms of possibility that they may describe it like this;

'A strange man, with strange coloured skin, came down from the heavens. He came out of a firey bird, which roared. He walked among us, considerably taller than any of us. We were to see a magical land, on a box.'

To them, what they had witnessed would be tantamount to a 'divine' experience.

Does that make any sense, Dave?

Indeed it does, but the difference is we are talking about a totaly different period in history. There were no means of flying or computers etc. There was however a huge ammount of superstition and imagination.
    If fiction writers today can imagine the most fantastic things, why wouldn't a bunch of superstitious desert tribesmen be capable of the same?