Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 116

Thread: Atheism: What a Joke

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Florida - Gunshine State
    Posts
    5,563
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 236 Times in 215 Posts

    Atheism: What a Joke

    This is a great opinion piece that exposes the joke of atheism. After all, what moron really thinks that the universe created itself?

    Townhall - Atheism: What a Joke


    Bill Murchison

    Atheism: What a Joke



    Assuming, no doubt, our anxious world could use a good laugh, Stephen Hawking undertakes to provide one. He says the universe created itself.

    The theory itself isn't the joke. The joke is the dogged persistence of atheists trying in the face of common sense to persuade the world as to the wisdom they see in their every utterance. Another way of putting it would be, atheism is the joke.

    The likes of Hawking, Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins -- how, by the way, does Britain, the land that bred Lewis, Chesterton and Wesley, manage to produce so many certified atheists? -- Hawking & Co., I say, want everyone to see God as, I guess, some sort of celestial intrusion in the affairs of intelligent men and women.
    Hawking's new book, "The Grand Design," (written with one Leonard Mlodinow) argues that "the Universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the Universe exists, why we exist. It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going."

    I suppose the intent of such stuff is to render non-atheists, Christians especially, mute and fearful. Which is more than a little bit odd. Who is likely to grow mute in the face of a bald claim that the universe more or less invented itself? Was Hawking there with his camera? That would be the first question. Soon other questions would follow. The vast variety of life -- that was spontaneous, too? The human organism -- the brain, the eye, the ear, the digestive tract -- just sort of, you know, happened? The sky, the seas, the seasons, not to mention human reproduction -- those things, too? And the greatest minds of history failed to catch on, century after God-fearing century? That or they practiced denial? Uhhhh ... yeah.

    There is a poignancy to the atheist fixation on showing up God. What's wrong with these people? Many of them are technically intelligent (Hawking is routinely labeled "brilliant"), but they swallow with satisfied smiles the intellectual bilge called atheism. They've been doing it forever -- so long indeed that taking an atheist seriously requires a leap of faith so enormous that no one, least of all the atheist himself, can see from jumping-off spot to landing point.

    ...more at link...
    Libtards hate freedom unless it is the freedom to kill a child on demand for the sake of convenience. Otherwise they want the government to control every aspect of our lives.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rural South Midlands
    Posts
    5,493
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries
    18

    Re: Atheism: What a Joke

    Like all theist propaganda, all this does is to try to ridicule atheism without addressing one single fact behind it, instead continually pushing the totally unprovable idea that there's this invisible supernatural being who created everything in the universe - of course without bothering to address the question of why or where that being came from and what it managed to create the universe out of if there was nothing there to start with, the exact same point that theism criticises science for offering an opinion on.

    Coming from you Flash, someone who's been asked to provide even the most basic of evidence for your belief, in particular on this aspect, at least a dozen times but has completely ignored every request, posting something like this shows your bigotry to the extreme!
    Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant only an intellectual could ignore it - Thomas Sowell

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Florida - Gunshine State
    Posts
    5,563
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 236 Times in 215 Posts

    Re: Atheism: What a Joke

    Atheism has always been a joke.

    It is the dark refuge of those that have denied the existence of something bigger than themselves. It is totally without reason or merit. If you don’t have intelligent design to the universe then all you have is some preposterous idea that the universe was self created which not only is against the Law of Physics as we know them but is against every bit of common sense known to man. If that is not a joke then I don’t what is.

    In my opinion people that embrace atheism have some sort of mental disorder that causes them to reject the idea of God. Atheism has no foundation in reality or science so there must be some mental disorder attached to it. That is the only logical explanation.

    This universe is very complex and is the home for life and soul and for someone to claim that it “just happen” either has to be a joking or exhibiting the ramblings of their psychosis mind.
    Libtards hate freedom unless it is the freedom to kill a child on demand for the sake of convenience. Otherwise they want the government to control every aspect of our lives.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    5,935
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Atheism: What a Joke

    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Atheism has always been a joke.

    It is the dark refuge of those that have denied the existence of something bigger than themselves. It is totally without reason or merit. If you don’t have intelligent design to the universe then all you have is some preposterous idea that the universe was self created which not only is against the Law of Physics as we know them but is against every bit of common sense known to man. If that is not a joke then I don’t what is.

    In my opinion people that embrace atheism have some sort of mental disorder that causes them to reject the idea of God. Atheism has no foundation in reality or science so there must be some mental disorder attached to it. That is the only logical explanation.

    This universe is very complex and is the home for life and soul and for someone to claim that it “just happen” either has to be a joking or exhibiting the ramblings of their psychosis mind.
    Dont you have anything new or meaningful to attack atheists with, we've heard all this insane babble before, dozens of times.

    Atheism has always been a joke.
    The joke is actually on religion, seeing as so far, after thousands of years of proclaiming it to be true, you don't have a shred of evidence.

    It is the dark refuge of those that have denied the existence of something bigger than themselves. It is totally without reason or merit.
    Completely wrong. Atheists believe that we as a species are just another insignificant life form, part of evolution. Like all other species before us, we are not the end game of evolution (the religious believe that mankind is the end result of evolution). We are like every other species, simply racing towards our own inevitable extinction. We in the grand scheme of the universe, hardly worth a mention. The universe doesn't know we are here, doesn't care either.

    On the other hand, the religious believe that the universe is here just for them, that God created it with them in mind, and when he's done he's going to destroy it all and start over again. The religious are so conceted, so fullof their own self importance, they actually believe that everything they see around them, everything in the universe, was created by their sky daddy just for them. Now that is what I call totally without reason or merit.

    If you don’t have intelligent design to the universe then all you have is some preposterous idea that the universe was self created which not only is against the Law of Physics as we know them but is against every bit of common sense known to man. If that is not a joke then I don’t what is
    Well I'm afraid you don't have intelligent design, far from it. Even your own courts trashed this deceptive idea, and called it what it really is, a propaganda term for Biblical creation, psudeo science, something used to lie to children and people who know no better. All of the best advocates of this nonsense cannot come up with a scrap of evidence for a designer. Their best hope, Jay Richards, couldn't even debate a journalist, let alone a real scientist.

    I
    n my opinion people that embrace atheism have some sort of mental disorder that causes them to reject the idea of God. Atheism has no foundation in reality or science so there must be some mental disorder attached to it. That is the only logical explanation
    Well, given that you are not qualified to diagnose metal disorders, your oppinion counts for nothing. No atheist rejects the idea of God, how can we? God has never been presented to us, so there's nothing to reject. We reject God in the same sense that we reject the tooth fairy, it doesn't exist.
    Atheism has no foundation in reality or science? We're not the ones that believe in talking snakes, burning talking bushes, talking clouds, virgins giving birth, people walking from graves etc. The vast majority of the science community are atheists, the people that make all the great discoveries, that cure disease, that invent things that benefit humanity all over the world. So tell me flash, what has religion discovered lately, or how as it benefitted humanity? Hasn't God been a bit quiet for the last 2000 years?

    his universe is very complex and is the home for life and soul
    There'sno evidence that "souls" exist, just the say so of the religious. The universe is indeed complex, far too complex for religion to explain it by magic tricks.
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours ." Steven Roberts

    The likelyhood of you being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your actions.

    Barack Hussein Obama, the president that got Bin Laden!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midlands
    Posts
    916
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 17 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Atheism: What a Joke

    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Atheism has always been a joke.
    You are becoming a joke Flash.

    It is the dark refuge of those that have denied the existence of something bigger than themselves. It is totally without reason or merit. If you don’t have intelligent design to the universe then all you have is some preposterous idea that the universe was self created which not only is against the Law of Physics as we know them but is against every bit of common sense known to man. If that is not a joke then I don’t what is.
    Flash you always come back to this 'creation of the universe' business, and yet, you are a Christian right? Believing in the Christian God? What 'reason' or 'merit' does that belief system have? I don't understand the logic (and I use that term loosely) that says 'just because we don't understand the creation of the universe, it must be God's work'. That is the real joke.
    In my opinion people that embrace atheism have some sort of mental disorder that causes them to reject the idea of God.
    In my opinion, theists have some sort of mental disorder that causes them to panic at the thought of an unpredictable and unknown universe.

    Atheism has no foundation in reality or science so there must be some mental disorder attached to it. That is the only logical explanation.
    That sentence is so ironic I have no words to respond with.

    This universe is very complex and is the home for life and soul and for someone to claim that it “just happen” either has to be a joking or exhibiting the ramblings of their psychosis mind.
    Did God "just happen" then?
    Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time.
    E. B. White

    "
    To be honest, you think a/c jump the fence, I say the whole college jump the fence"
    The wonder that is Angelcountry
    "If we're going to have a police state, at least orgainise it properly!"
    Guy Outside the Chilcott Enquiry as he was led away by police for causing a 'disturbance' (thanks to LA I now know his name is Michael Culver)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Florida - Gunshine State
    Posts
    5,563
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 236 Times in 215 Posts

    Re: Atheism: What a Joke

    Quote Originally Posted by DTE View Post

    Did God "just happen" then?
    If I knew the answer to that then I would be like the smartest man on earth, wouldn’t I?

    Not knowing the answer to that question does not preclude the existence of God. It just means I don’t know.

    However, by denying the existence of God you are putting your belief into a joke of a theory that postulates the universe created itself. Since that is against the Laws of Physics as we know them and we have absolutely no credible proof that the universe created itself you can see where the joke really exist.

    I have never seen anybody that could back up that theory up with real proof so as far as I am concerned it is nothing but a silly little myth that has no validity. Since the stupid atheists have put their salvation into the hands of science then it is up to them to produce the scientific evidence to back up their preposterous claims. If I am wrong about them having the proof then just show me how the universe created itself.

    The problem with atheists is that they are never told that they are really the joke in this discussion. That is why that article I quoted is so good, because it exposes the atheists to be the idiots they really are.

    Just because you don’t want to hear that message because you have always been so smug in your little joke doesn’t mean it is not valid.

    The existence of this universe only makes sense with the assumption of Intelligent Design. The stupid idea that the universe created itself is like the dumbest thing ever dreamed up by man. Well maybe the idea that the universe is on the back of some giant turtle is dumber but the idea that it created itself has to be a close second.



    Libtards hate freedom unless it is the freedom to kill a child on demand for the sake of convenience. Otherwise they want the government to control every aspect of our lives.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Florida - Gunshine State
    Posts
    5,563
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 236 Times in 215 Posts

    Re: Atheism: What a Joke

    Quote Originally Posted by DTE View Post
    In my opinion, theists have some sort of mental disorder that causes them to panic at the thought of an unpredictable and unknown universe.
    You know nothing about Christianity then because The Peace of the Lord is just the opposite of panic.

    It is the atheists that are in the panic mode because they have nothing. They have no proof of their silly little theories that the universe is self creating and they have no hope of salvation or eternal life. All they have is the panic of certain death and the cold reality of nothingness. I personally think it is tied in some way to the psychosis that led them to reject God in the first place.
    Libtards hate freedom unless it is the freedom to kill a child on demand for the sake of convenience. Otherwise they want the government to control every aspect of our lives.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    5,935
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Atheism: What a Joke

    If I knew the answer to that then I would be like the smartest man on earth, wouldn’t I
    You're quite happy to fill in the blanks of human understanding with something you can't explain? You're the joke here flash.

    Not knowing the answer to that question does not preclude the existence of God. It just means I don’t know

    Doesn't prove he exists either, but you're abslutely certain that he does, even though you can't point to any evidence.
    As Russel said, if something is true you should believe it, if it is not you shouldn't, if you don't know you should susend judgment until you do.

    However, by denying the existence of God you are putting your belief into a joke of a theory that postulates the universe created itself. Since that is against the Laws of Physics as we know them and we have absolutely no credible proof that the universe created itself you can see where the joke really exist
    This is a false argument. Not believing in God doesn't mean one has to believe anything else. And it is not a denial. Denial would only be if there was evidence to deny. There isn't any, so no one is denying the existence of God, we're just waiting on people like you who are so sure he exists to prove it.

    I have never seen anybody that could back up that theory up with real proof so as far as I am concerned it is nothing but a silly little myth that has no validity. Since the stupid atheists have put their salvation into the hands of science then it is up to them to produce the scientific evidence to back up their preposterous claims. If I am wrong about them having the proof then just show me how the universe created itself
    I have yet to meet anyone who can present any proof, or even vague evidence that God exists. And religion is the mother of all silly myths.
    The whole idea of salvation is a morraly bancrupt concept, a crutch for the weak and insecure, and a way of negating ones moral and ethical responsibilities. Christian salvation is an immoral proposition.

    The existence of this universe only makes sense with the assumption of Intelligent Design. The stupid idea that the universe created itself is like the dumbest thing ever dreamed up by man. Well maybe the idea that the universe is on the back of some giant turtle is dumber but the idea that it created itself has to be a close second
    No, religon is the dumbest idea ever created by man. It was our first and worst explanation for everything. Everything it attempted to explain has since been explained far better by science. The universe works perfectly well without the assumption of a designer, we don't need one to explain anything.


    and they have no hope of salvation or eternal life. All they have is the panic of certain death and the cold reality of nothingness. I personally think it is tied in some way to the psychosis that led them to reject God in the first place.


    So come on flash, tell us how we get salvation? Isn't it by accepting the torturing to death of a rather disturbed and irrational, but never the less inocent Rabi by the name of Jesus? Isn't it the process of passing responsibility for your sins and crimes onto someone else, without ever consulting those who have been the victims of your sins and crimes?

    And why would anyone want eternal life? What's so desirable about that? Who would want to be the play thing and slave of an unalterable, unchangeable, totalitarian dictator that never sets you free, that you have to grovel to and worship forever? At least in North Korea you can die to escape it. I like the way Christopher Hitchens describes the prospect of it. Imagine being at a party, a really good one. You know it's going to end, you know at some point you have to leave. You might not want to, but the fact that you have to makes the expereince all the more precious. Now imagine someone telling you, actually you can't leave, ever. You have to stay forever now you are here.
    Eternal life is a proposterous idea, and desired only by the fearful and weak minded.

    Also, are you not contradicting yourself here? How many times have you said here that we atheists are on an express train to hell? Isn't that eternal according to Christian doctrine? Are not those there concious of what is happening to them? Isn't it just another form of eternal life, just not very pleasant?

    I think it was Russel that also said "I cared not on jot about the nothingness I expereinced for billions of years before I was born, why should I care about i after I am dead?"
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours ." Steven Roberts

    The likelyhood of you being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your actions.

    Barack Hussein Obama, the president that got Bin Laden!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Florida - Gunshine State
    Posts
    5,563
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 236 Times in 215 Posts

    Re: Atheism: What a Joke

    1 Corinthians 15:38-58

    38 But God gives it a body as He pleases, and to each seed its own body.


    39 All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is one kind of flesh[a] of men, another flesh of animals, another of fish, and another of birds.


    40 There are also celestial bodies and terrestrial bodies; but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

    41 There is one glory of the sun, another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differs from another star in glory.

    42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption.

    43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power.

    44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

    45 And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.”[b] The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

    46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual.

    47 The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord[c] from heaven.

    48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly.

    49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear[d] the image of the heavenly Man.

    Our Final Victory

    50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.


    51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—

    52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

    53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

    54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”[e]

    55 “ O Death, where is your sting?[f]
    O Hades, where is your victory?”[g]

    56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.


    57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

    58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
    Libtards hate freedom unless it is the freedom to kill a child on demand for the sake of convenience. Otherwise they want the government to control every aspect of our lives.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midlands
    Posts
    916
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 17 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Atheism: What a Joke

    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    If I knew the answer to that then I would be like the smartest man on earth, wouldn’t I?
    Flash how do you not see that your postion here is almost exactly the same as mine, Dave's, Midas' etc on whether God exists? And yet you claim to "know" God exists because the universe must have been created by something, but you have no idea who created that something. Its just semantics.

    However, by denying the existence of God you are putting your belief into a joke of a theory that postulates the universe created itself. Since that is against the Laws of Physics as we know them and we have absolutely no credible proof that the universe created itself you can see where the joke really exist.
    Sorry but being an atheist doesn't mean we just accept the recent theory of Hawkins as FACT. He's not our pope flash, he's just a guy. See outside of dogmatic rule people are free to make their own decisions. TBH this seems closer to philosophy than science from Hawking, but I'll read his actual text before deciding one way or the other.

    I have never seen anybody that could back up that theory up with real proof so as far as I am concerned it is nothing but a silly little myth that has no validity.

    I fed this sentence into my irony machine and it blew up. You could so easily be talking about God or Jesus. In fact, I think I've wrote the exact same thing elsewhere.

    Since the stupid atheists have put their salvation into the hands of science then it is up to them to produce the scientific evidence to back up their preposterous claims. If I am wrong about them having the proof then just show me how the universe created itself.
    Why can you not accept that we just don't know? Flash before we discovered gravity those same theist arguments were leveled at why rain fell from the sky, with every technological advance the need for a God figure is lessened. As for the need for salvation, well if that aint good ol' fashioned Christian guilt I don't know what is.

    The existence of this universe only makes sense with the assumption of Intelligent Design. The stupid idea that the universe created itself is like the dumbest thing ever dreamed up by man. Well maybe the idea that the universe is on the back of some giant turtle is dumber but the idea that it created itself has to be a close second.
    Maybe this universe was created when the last one destroyed itself through entropy? TBH flash who the **** knows, but stating definitively one way or the other is the stupid idea
    Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time.
    E. B. White

    "
    To be honest, you think a/c jump the fence, I say the whole college jump the fence"
    The wonder that is Angelcountry
    "If we're going to have a police state, at least orgainise it properly!"
    Guy Outside the Chilcott Enquiry as he was led away by police for causing a 'disturbance' (thanks to LA I now know his name is Michael Culver)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •