Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: California Courts Reversing Gay Marriage Ban

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    California Courts Reversing Gay Marriage Ban

    California Courts are reversing the gay marriage ban. Without getting into the pros and cons of gay marriage, this seems to be another blow to the people having a voice, since they voted on the issue and rejected gay marriage. Personally, it seems like the "will of the people" is being trampled on at every turn.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: California Courts Reversing Gay Marriage Ban

    This is just another in a long line of examples of how how political, justice, and legal systems are broke beyond repair. And the people within those systems sit back and wonder why the U.S. doesn't have the respect of the rest of the world. They're all idiots.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    5,935
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: California Courts Reversing Gay Marriage Ban

    I really don't see how in a civilized secular democracy, in a country that presumes to police the rest of the world, how the issue of sexuality and whether same sex couples should be allowed to marry should be decided by anyone other than same sex couples that wish to marry. My guess is the only young people that "rejected gay marriage" were hetrosexual?? What does it have to do with them? Who voted on their right to marry?
    The USA, the land of the free, provided you happen to be a white, hetrosexual, republican Christian.
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours ." Steven Roberts

    The likelyhood of you being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your actions.

    Barack Hussein Obama, the president that got Bin Laden!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CHEPSTOW-#8-NP165ET-MONMOUTHSHIRE
    Posts
    1,987
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: California Courts Reversing Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveUK View Post
    I really don't see how in a civilized secular democracy, in a country that presumes to police the rest of the world, how the issue of sexuality and whether same sex couples should be allowed to marry should be decided by anyone other than same sex couples that wish to marry. My guess is the only young people that "rejected gay marriage" were hetrosexual?? What does it have to do with them? Who voted on their right to marry?
    The USA, the land of the free, provided you happen to be a white, hetrosexual, republican Christian.
    Hi,

    whatever the law may be a sexual contract is valid in law - is a marriage of same sex anything other and as many are little more than a predatory pair as long as they do not predate the young I have no problem with their perversion having campaigned for decriminalisation in the 1960s.

    Marriage as such is very clearly defined by each different superstition for its own needs - it is no one elses damned business within the law and in protection of the young and third parties perversion has always been with us and always will be.

    Predatory behaviour that takes a perversion over the law is a matter of law.

    Recidivist ****, gerontophilic **** or any form of sex with a minor that is recidivist should be considered a suitable consideration for cappital punishment.

    Interestingly I gather the highest level of violen **** is male in America and the most occurs black on white in prisons - it is NOTHING to do with sex or sexuality but everything to do with dominance and thus chemical or physical castration is utterly ineffective in the control of rapists and paedophiles - there is as I said an absolute protection that can be offered by the State to it citizens.

    Be minded that it is a duty of the State to protect the innocent.

    Regards,
    Greg_L-W.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    5,935
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: California Courts Reversing Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Lance-Watkins View Post
    Hi,

    whatever the law may be a sexual contract is valid in law - is a marriage of same sex anything other and as many are little more than a predatory pair as long as they do not predate the young I have no problem with their perversion having campaigned for decriminalisation in the 1960s.

    Marriage as such is very clearly defined by each different superstition for its own needs - it is no one elses damned business within the law and in protection of the young and third parties perversion has always been with us and always will be.

    Predatory behaviour that takes a perversion over the law is a matter of law.

    Recidivist ****, gerontophilic **** or any form of sex with a minor that is recidivist should be considered a suitable consideration for cappital punishment.

    Interestingly I gather the highest level of violen **** is male in America and the most occurs black on white in prisons - it is NOTHING to do with sex or sexuality but everything to do with dominance and thus chemical or physical castration is utterly ineffective in the control of rapists and paedophiles - there is as I said an absolute protection that can be offered by the State to it citizens.

    Be minded that it is a duty of the State to protect the innocent.

    Regards,
    Greg_L-W.
    Hi Greg,
    I agree whole heartedly, but I'm not sure how the vile crimes you've outlined here relate to the rights of same sex adult couples to marry.
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours ." Steven Roberts

    The likelyhood of you being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your actions.

    Barack Hussein Obama, the president that got Bin Laden!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rural South Midlands
    Posts
    5,493
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries
    18

    Re: California Courts Reversing Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveUK View Post
    I really don't see how in a civilized secular democracy, in a country that presumes to police the rest of the world, how the issue of sexuality and whether same sex couples should be allowed to marry should be decided by anyone other than same sex couples that wish to marry. My guess is the only young people that "rejected gay marriage" were hetrosexual?? What does it have to do with them? Who voted on their right to marry?
    The USA, the land of the free, provided you happen to be a white, hetrosexual, republican Christian.
    Isn't there a distinct difference between the issue of whether gay couples should take out a formal contract together and the state of marriage though? As far as I know there are very few restrictions on the former, but the latter is a very different matter, and although it might well be simply a matter of millennia of convention, plus not an inconsiderable bit of religious belief, the very word 'marriage' implies two people of the opposite sex. It's not just heterosexual people who oppose gay marriages though, from what I understand from a good friend who's gay, there are quite a number of gay people themselves who don't think it right.

    I do have to agree with IndependentThinker that in far too many cases (not just on this issue) the democratic voice of the significant majority is being over-ridden by those in power as a result of either political correctness or small but very vocal and tenacious pressure groups, and it shouldn't be!
    Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant only an intellectual could ignore it - Thomas Sowell

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    5,935
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: California Courts Reversing Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Midas View Post
    Isn't there a distinct difference between the issue of whether gay couples should take out a formal contract together and the state of marriage though? As far as I know there are very few restrictions on the former, but the latter is a very different matter, and although it might well be simply a matter of millennia of convention, plus not an inconsiderable bit of religious belief, the very word 'marriage' implies two people of the opposite sex. It's not just heterosexual people who oppose gay marriages though, from what I understand from a good friend who's gay, there are quite a number of gay people themselves who don't think it right.

    I do have to agree with IndependentThinker that in far too many cases (not just on this issue) the democratic voice of the significant majority is being over-ridden by those in power as a result of either political correctness or small but very vocal and tenacious pressure groups, and it shouldn't be!

    You're probably right, there may well be a cultural and conventional difference between the two. My point though is that deciding the rights of adult concenting gay couples by a democratic vote by anyone other than the gay community, smacks a little bit like men deciding the rights of women.
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours ." Steven Roberts

    The likelyhood of you being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your actions.

    Barack Hussein Obama, the president that got Bin Laden!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CHEPSTOW-#8-NP165ET-MONMOUTHSHIRE
    Posts
    1,987
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: California Courts Reversing Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveUK View Post
    Hi Greg,
    I agree whole heartedly, but I'm not sure how the vile crimes you've outlined here relate to the rights of same sex adult couples to marry.
    Hi,

    having made my point on homosexual relationships and the right to conduct them with the same decorum as any relationship defined - I also felt disposed to comment on other perversions that may be conducted by a predatory pair or in onanistic self gratification - whether homosexual or heterosexual or completely asexually no more than a cruel act of dominance or vengeance.

    Whether homosexual or heterosexual I can not see the law would or should be varied. Recidivist **** should in my opinion, since there is absol;utely no cure be a capital offence and the duty of the state to protect the innocent.

    Regards,
    Greg_L-W.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CHEPSTOW-#8-NP165ET-MONMOUTHSHIRE
    Posts
    1,987
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: California Courts Reversing Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveUK View Post
    You're probably right, there may well be a cultural and conventional difference between the two. My point though is that deciding the rights of adult concenting gay couples by a democratic vote by anyone other than the gay community, smacks a little bit like men deciding the rights of women.
    Hi,

    I believe whether homosexual or heterosexual contractual sex is a legal given, contractual finsnce is legitimate.

    I have no problem if couples who wish to 'couple' in any legitimate way wish to call their relationship 'phiggyPhoo' or 'aggie Plinge' but calling a homosexual relationship a marriage is as dishonest as using the word Gay to describe their sad perversion that leads, particularly amongst male homosexuals to such misery, massive incontinence levels, incredible isolation, huge disease rates sexually transmitted, disproportionate death rates by murder, disproportionate drug use, instability and a much higher automotive accident rate plus a totally disproportionate suicide rate.

    If that is 'Gay' then I am 'Aggie Plinge'!

    That said I totally endorse their right to TRY to find happiness through their perversion and do not believe they should be discriminated against or for. They do incredibly demean themselves with their idiotic posturing and insecure pursuit of a so called normality by pretending to marriage.

    I am always minded of vegetarians who serve that ghastly compress that masquerades as 'steak' for them. Carving leg of dandelion just isn't up there with lamb

    IF however society is going to force perversions on citizenry forgive me if I choose vegetarian!

    Regards,
    Greg_L-W.

Similar Threads

  1. UKIP Lose Yet Again In The Courts!
    By Greg Lance-Watkins in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-06-2012, 09:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •