Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Female genital mutilation on the rise in the UK

Thanks

Female genital mutilation on the rise in the UK

Although the practice of female genital mutilation is illegal in the UK, thousands are considered to be at risk annually and no one has ever been convicted of the crime.
    Aged 15, UK-born Jay Kamara was taken home to Sierra Leone by her mother for an initiation ceremony. Jay had vague ideas of evenings around the fire, cooking and gossiping with female relatives. She had no idea that during the celebration of her womanhood, her genitalia would be cut........

Female genital mutilation on the rise in UK ? medical officials - RT Top Stories

Perhaps our wonderful HSE should look at this instead of messing about with falling conkers, children skipping and many other nonsensical things
    Vote BNP

Thanks

Re: Female genital mutilation on the rise in the UK

Why are no charges been laid? It's illegal here isn't it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crazylilting View Post
    Why are no charges been laid? It's illegal here isn't it?
    Charge with what?
    The crime was committed abroad?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soloman View Post
    Charge with what?
    The crime was committed abroad?
    The number of cases of female genital mutilation (FGM) reported in London has risen and some procedures are taking place in the city, a doctor has said.
    Dr Comfort Momah, who runs a clinic in Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital, said she sees 350 women and children a year.
    The Met said it was aware that FGM was taking place in London and had intervened in 122 cases since 2008, including 25 times this year.
    But it said that as it was a "taboo" subject there had been no prosecutions.
    FGM is illegal in the UK and anybody convicted for it can be jailed for up to 14 years. The law protects British citizens even if they undergo the procedure abroad.

BBC News - 'Rise in female genital mutilation' in London
    Vote BNP

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Sadly this doesn't surprise me and it's disgusting that it's not taken more seriously, but then (and I'm no feminist) the victims are women. I have a feeling that if it were young men and boys being subjected to "medical" proceedures to have nerve endings removed from their privates it would result in many convictions! This isn't a hygene issue as with male circumcision this is about continuing the subjugation of women and I don't care if it's a culturally tricky subject anyone torturing a child and subjecting them to unecessary "medical" proceedures should be treated as the insane criminal they are.
    "The people who have sacrificed their view in order to get to the top have very often left no footprints in the sands of time." Tony Benn

Thanks
    Blog Entries

This sickening purely religious activity is just the tip of the iceberg. Male and female genital mutilation of children, terrifying excorsisms of children as young as five, stupifying and retarding of childrens education in faith schools, the teaching to children of abstention from using condoms under the edict "HIV aids is bad, but not as bad as using condoms", the use of terrifying imagery to induce children to abstain from "sin", the sectarian labelling of children by their fanatical parents, appologists for the institutionalized **** and torture of children..........It's happening right here in the UK.
    No right thinking secular parent would dream of ever subjecting their children to such barbaric, retarded practices. To publically critisize or interlectually attack these people is now a crime.
    Religion poisons everything.
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours ." Steven Roberts

The likelyhood of you being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your actions.

Barack Hussein Obama, the president that got Bin Laden!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaveUK View Post
    No right thinking secular parent would dream of ever subjecting their children to such barbaric, retarded practices. To publically critisize or interlectually attack these people is now a crime.
    Religion poisons everything.
    I think you'd find no right minded parent with faith would subject their child to this either!
    "The people who have sacrificed their view in order to get to the top have very often left no footprints in the sands of time." Tony Benn

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated View Post
    I think you'd find no right minded parent with faith would subject their child to this either!
    To me, this statement is an oxymoron. How do you equate right minded with faith? The majority of parents with faith are quite happy to have their childrens education retarted and stupified. Most parents of faith that don't have their children in faith schools, would give anything to get them into one. There they will be taught that evolution is a lie of the devil, that the earth is younger than the agricultural revolution, and if it's a catholic school they'll be taught that practicing safe sex is worse than contracting HIV aids.
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours ." Steven Roberts

The likelyhood of you being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your actions.

Barack Hussein Obama, the president that got Bin Laden!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Personally I think this should be treated as at the very least, child abuse, and I think medical staff should be required to inform the authorities of such practices, even if they are committed outside the country.

Thanks

Save us all 22,000,000 a day. Leave the EU.