Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is this Daves idea of a fairer Britain?

Thanks

Is this Daves idea of a fairer Britain?

BRITAINíS failed welfare state was laid bare yesterday as an 83-year-old man faced eviction from his council house while a workshy couple expecting a 12th child were given a five-bedroom house rent-free.

Twisted priorities in the benefits system mean that council tenant Edward Meakins is set to be booted out of his home of the past 74 years.
    The frail bachelor was reduced to tears when council officials told him he could no longer be allowed to live alone in the three-bedroom house in Cricklewood, north London....

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Benefit shame: 83 year old faces eviction from his council house

When people voted for the Cons and the limp dims , did they vote to throw OAPs out of their homes? And to give the feral and feckless more than the average man or woman earns?
    Vote BNP

Thanks

Re: Is this Daves idea of a fairer Britain?

I do see how this looks unfair...

However how was it he has a three bedroom house? Through the social system. When his circumstances changed so should of his housing in my opinion. The crime is that it wasn't done a long time ago. It is social housing which is based on need. Why does he need a three bedroom house? Even when his sister was there i'd say they didn't need a three bedroom house.

I can understand the outrage of the circumstances of this situation but people don't have the right to demand what they want when they want it. Social services should be needs only. A home is something you work for and buy. When you are on social services you are not given a home you are sheltered. You can make it your home but it won't be your home, it is owned by the rest of us tax payers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crazylilting View Post

However how was it he has a three bedroom house? Through the social system. When his circumstances changed so should of his housing in my opinion. The crime is that it wasn't done a long time ago. It is social housing which is based on need. Why does he need a three bedroom house? Even when his sister was there i'd say they didn't need a three bedroom house.

I can understand the outrage of the circumstances of this situation but people don't have the right to demand what they want when they want it. Social services should be needs only. A home is something you work for and buy. When you are on social services you are not given a home you are sheltered. You can make it your home but it won't be your home, it is owned by the rest of us tax payers.
    While 'right' is on your side in this analysis crazylilting, I have to say that to the older generation, the prospect of moving even short distances from one flat to another is greatly disturbing. My own 91 year old father was distraught at the prospect of moving less than 100 yards from the sheltered accommodation he had enjoyed with my mother to a smaller flat in another sheltered block such a short distance away. He still had all his faculties but the prospect of moving home was something he dreaded, even though social services and my family and I gave massive assistance.
    The reality was he adjusted quite quickly, because many of his friends were still close by and visited. Had the distance been much greater this might not have been so easy.
    He well understood the reasons why he was asked to move, as it had been well-managed by social services. But please lets not be too hasty to criticise as the people involved have invariably become greatly attached to their existing surroundings.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soloman View Post
    While 'right' is on your side in this analysis crazylilting, I have to say that to the older generation, the prospect of moving even short distances from one flat to another is greatly disturbing. My own 91 year old father was distraught at the prospect of moving less than 100 yards from the sheltered accommodation he had enjoyed with my mother to a smaller flat in another sheltered block such a short distance away. He still had all his faculties but the prospect of moving home was something he dreaded, even though social services and my family and I gave massive assistance.
    The reality was he adjusted quite quickly, because many of his friends were still close by and visited. Had the distance been much greater this might not have been so easy.
    He well understood the reasons why he was asked to move, as it had been well-managed by social services. But please lets not be too hasty to criticise as the people involved have invariably become greatly attached to their existing surroundings.
    I do understand the issues and am not criticizing the man involved. He is old and yes he won't be happier in his new place etc... I wish him well and all, i'm not heartless. But to many people for to long have been taking advantage of an overly generous system. I think if he was interested in doing his part for society he would move. Society has obviously taken care of him thus far and is still committed to doing so and their is a need for the three bedroom house for a family.

If you look around there are many other cases just as heartbreaking and it is unfortunate I wish things were different...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crazylilting View Post

It looks unfair? its an absolute disgrace!! Where in either of the ruling coalition parties manifestoes did it say they were going to throw OAPs out of their homes? It should be a ' right ' to have a home in a first world country with so much money knocking about , not a privilege as the tories are claiming. I thought it would change under the tories (would they really turn on the blue rinse brigade?)Just as with Labour the genuine and most vulnerable people in our society suffer in favour of the immigrant that's allowed to invade our Isle without check and the obvious benefit cheats that lie about their illnesses and pop kids out like cherry stones.

If any of the stress caused by the move causes or is a contributing factor in the mans death , the council should be charged with WILLFULL MURDER. I cant see how any person with an ounce of sense would want this man to move, it isnt his fault the council let him live there pretty much on his own for decades.
    Vote BNP

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
    It looks unfair? its an absolute disgrace!! Where in either of the ruling coalition parties manifestoes did it say they were going to throw OAPs out of their homes? It should be a ' right ' to have a home in a first world country with so much money knocking about , not a privilege as the tories are claiming. I thought it would change under the tories (would they really turn on the blue rinse brigade?)Just as with Labour the genuine and most vulnerable people in our society suffer in favour of the immigrant that's allowed to invade our Isle without check and the obvious benefit cheats that lie about their illnesses and pop kids out like cherry stones.

If any of the stress caused by the move causes or is a contributing factor in the mans death , the council should be charged with WILLFULL MURDER. I cant see how any person with an ounce of sense would want this man to move, it isnt his fault the council let him live there pretty much on his own for decades.
    How could anyone in their right mind think it is a "right" to have a home? What world do you live in? If you feel so strongly about this man's situation, start raising the money for him to stay where he is! But be prepared as there will be a huge line up of others who need similar help. Now there's a good thing the BNP could do to make a point!!!

Thanks

Of course it should be a 'right'. Are you that cold hearted that you would expect families to live on the streets?
    Vote BNP

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
    Of course it should be a 'right'. Are you that cold hearted that you would expect families to live on the streets?
    I don't know what planet you live on...

Just because I don't think someone should be given a 3 bedroom house doesn't mean he should be thrown out on the street. Nor does it mean that i don't believe we should assist those who truly need assistance. But assistance unless there are some serious issues should be a temporary thing. This culture of creating a work-less society is retarded.

And giving someone shelter when they need it isn't giving them a home, it is shelter and shouldn't be considered as a family home. If they want a home they can get off their butts and go earn one like anyone else who owns one. I've never heard of this subsidized housing like we have here in the UK. I do understand that cities where houses are to expensive for people need to hire people that are paid to little to actually afford homes in that area. But there are people who can work at lower paying jobs and still own a house in the area. We shouldn't be subsidizing housing in that way. If people need people to work at ***** in such areas then they will have to pay them enough to be able to live in that area. Why should i pay for someone to live in London? I can't afford to live there so i don't live there.

Older people who have worked up the property ladder can afford such houses but don't have a high mortgage just because their assets are worth more then others.

Thanks

With regards to the old gent, yes it's unfortunate but it's not as if they are making him homeless he is just moving to a smaller property. When people live on the state they have to accept though that you can't have what you want you have to get used to having what's given to you because at the end of the day it's free.

With regards to the couple and their growing pack, sadly because children have to be cared for, their grasping work shy parents feel that it's their right to have them payed for by those who actually work for a living, and while I find it disgusting that people feel they can breed as much as they want even when they can't pay for one child let alone x many, there is not much of an option the state currently has without neglecting the children though.

Still when the housing benefit limit of £400 per weeks gets imposed... oh no hang on that won't make any difference to that family will it, their rent is £1200 a month.

Telegraph quote
    "Senior aides to David Cameron are bracing themselves for a major damage limitation exercise next year when families who can no longer afford to pay their rent start to be evicted."

What I want to know is where the hell do these people live? I live in the South and rents are hardly cheap there but I let a 4 bedroomed house for £600 a month and I think the average for that size house is £700 with a max I have seen of £800, rising to £1000 in the more select areas. So whoever these people who are going to be "evicted" are they must either all be living in central London or small mansions to be paying more than £400 per week?
    The richest man is not he who has the most but he who needs the least.

Thanks

A DELIGHTED Edward Meakins has expressed his relief at being allowed to stay in his family home of 74 years.

The 83-year-old was presented with a had delivered letter from Barnet Homes on Monday explaining staff will not be pursuing action to force him from his Cricklewood home.

Edward Meakins 'over the moon' after Barnet Homes said he is be allowed to stay in his Cricklewood house (From Times Series)
    Vote BNP