Thread: Domino's Pizza forced to axe Halal Menu

Thanks

Thumbs up Domino's Pizza forced to axe Halal Menu

Three of the pizza chain's branches banned pork and brought in meats satisfying Islamic laws 18 months ago but have reverted to their usual menu, including the meateor, pepperoni and Hawaiian.

The pilot ‘hasn’t had the impact expected and the company has reluctantly decided to return to a conventional Domino’s menu’, it said in a letter to customers.

‘It did seem pretty unfair on non-Muslim pizza lovers,’ said pizza fan Chris Yates, 31. ‘It was as if I wasn’t allowed ham or pork on my pizza in case I offended someone.’

The scheme ran in Birmingham, Bradford and Blackburn...

Domino's Pizza forced to axe halal menu after poor sales | Metro.co.uk

To anyone who is opposed to animal cruelty and respects animal rights this is brilliant news!!!!
    Vote BNP

soloman Guest

Re: Domino's Pizza forced to axe Halal Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
    Three of the pizza chain's branches banned pork and brought in meats satisfying Islamic laws 18 months ago but have reverted to their usual menu, including the meateor, pepperoni and Hawaiian.

The pilot ‘hasn’t had the impact expected and the company has reluctantly decided to return to a conventional Domino’s menu’, it said in a letter to customers.

‘It did seem pretty unfair on non-Muslim pizza lovers,’ said pizza fan Chris Yates, 31. ‘It was as if I wasn’t allowed ham or pork on my pizza in case I offended someone.’

The scheme ran in Birmingham, Bradford and Blackburn...

Domino's Pizza forced to axe halal menu after poor sales | Metro.co.uk

To anyone who is opposed to animal cruelty and respects animal rights this is brilliant news!!!!
    Another British rebellion against this politically correct nonsense due to poor sales of halal meat!

Midas Guest

Hardly headline news though is it. A commercial decision based on poor sales, period.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Wow I love the expert referenced in this post. Pizza fan eh? Nice.

So they adopted a halal menu in order to appeal to the local population (who eat halal) but it didn't hold-up sales wise so they reverted back. I'd love to know how that is political correctness because I just don't see it. Please Soloman, enlighten us!

And opposing Halal on the basis of animal cruelty when you accept the meat industry in the western mould is the height of hypocristy. In the end the animal is just as dead
    Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time.
    E. B. White

"
    To be honest, you think a/c jump the fence, I say the whole college jump the fence"
    The wonder that is Angelcountry
    "If we're going to have a police state, at least orgainise it properly!"
    Guy Outside the Chilcott Enquiry as he was led away by police for causing a 'disturbance' (thanks to LA I now know his name is Michael Culver)

Thanks

I prefer perfect pizza myself, bigger family size and cheaper too. Also I was a victim of credit card fraud at a Domino's pizza place. Seriously though, who cares, it's a business decision, happens all the time.
    The richest man is not he who has the most but he who needs the least.

Thanks

Wait you dudes eat takeaway pizza?

Home made or proper pizza restaurant/cafe is the only way to go. If you are going down down the takeaway pizza, you might as well try Hell Pizza https://www.hellpizza.co.uk/, far better than Pizza Hut or Domino's, (unless you are easily offended, or religious).

Using Halal meat seems logical, there are a billion Muslims in the world, anyone who deals in meat products on a large scale and doesn't offer Halal meat is an idiot. Anyone who opposes meat because of animal cruelty clearly hasn't seen modern agriculture. most consumers will hapily purchase meat of animals that was treated cruelty in it's life, if it is cheaper than ethical meat.
    Why can't Jesus eat M&Ms?
    Because they keep falling through the holes in his hands!

Jesus may love you, but he won't respect you in the morning.