Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 11th September is Burn the Qur'an day

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pixels on your screen
    Posts
    6,687
    Thanks
    1,012
    Thanked 950 Times in 699 Posts

    11th September is Burn the Qur'an day

    Variety News | Florida church plans 'Burn a Quran' Day on 9/11

    I feel sure that the "Religion of Peace" will have no problem with this.

    I'm not one for burning books, it's impossible to get all the copies!
    Save us all 22,000,000 a day. Leave the EU.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    258
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 11th September is Burn the Qur'an day

    can we join in and burn bibles as well? How exciting. The only problem is i'd have to go buy one to burn it so.... not really worth it, is it... December 25 would be a better day any how.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    1,013
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 11th September is Burn the Qur'an day

    Quote Originally Posted by crazylilting View Post
    can we join in and burn bibles as well? How exciting. The only problem is i'd have to go buy one to burn it so.... not really worth it, is it... December 25 would be a better day any how.
    Burning the Qur'an achieves nothing.
    We need to talk to Muslims about their views.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    258
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 11th September is Burn the Qur'an day

    Quote Originally Posted by soloman View Post
    Burning the Qur'an achieves nothing.
    We need to talk to Muslims about their views.
    of course i said that in jest....

    Burning the bible wouldn't achieve anything either. It is just a growing symptom of an issue that like you say we must begin talking about with the 'right people'.

    If reasonable muslims were willing to tackle the extremists it would go a long way in restoring relations with other faiths and those who have no belief in god. Any time you have extremists hiding within the ranks of any faith it casts a shadow on the entire faith. If that shadow gets to big you will find that people will stand up and take notice and it often isn't the attention anyone wants. It usually ends up in death.

    I don't believe religion can police itself and because of it's nature i think we need to look at this issue closely.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    1,013
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 11th September is Burn the Qur'an day

    Quote Originally Posted by crazylilting View Post

    I don't believe religion can police itself and because of it's nature i think we need to look at this issue closely.
    I totally agree. Religion has in many cases been the cause of conflict!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pixels on your screen
    Posts
    6,687
    Thanks
    1,012
    Thanked 950 Times in 699 Posts

    Re: 11th September is Burn the Qur'an day

    It's like burning Mein Kampf, or banning it, it just gives publicity to a publication, the merits of which are dubious.
    A complete waste of effort.
    Don't buy a bible to burn, I've got a couple of pretty badly worn ones I'll send over.
    It's not an offence against Christianity to burn a Bible.
    It is an offence against Islam to burn the Qur'an.
    Even newspapers in Pakistan must not be used to make fires if they have any excerpts from the Qur'an. They have to be checked first to make sure...
    How ridiculous is that!
    Save us all 22,000,000 a day. Leave the EU.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South yorkshire
    Posts
    410
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: 11th September is Burn the Qur'an day

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Variety News | Florida church plans 'Burn a Quran' Day on 9/11

    I feel sure that the "Religion of Peace" will have no problem with this.

    I'm not one for burning books, it's impossible to get all the copies!
    Well I can see the signifisence in that, but there'd be little chance of it happening! The West are ruled by spineless Dhimmi's, who dare not allow such an act to occur! Can't you remember the French cartoonists effort, in trying to show a bit of light humour; we had thousands of blood-thirsty Muslim-morons screaming for the head of this man on both sides of the channel!
    Last edited by Midas; 16-08-2010 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Corrected quote tag

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    258
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: 11th September is Burn the Qur'an day

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It's like burning Mein Kampf, or banning it, it just gives publicity to a publication, the merits of which are dubious.
    A complete waste of effort.
    Don't buy a bible to burn, I've got a couple of pretty badly worn ones I'll send over.
    It's not an offence against Christianity to burn a Bible.
    It is an offence against Islam to burn the Qur'an.
    Even newspapers in Pakistan must not be used to make fires if they have any excerpts from the Qur'an. They have to be checked first to make sure...
    How ridiculous is that!
    Barry surely you know i said that in jest. Books create to much ash and that thin paper floats around...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    5,935
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 11th September is Burn the Qur'an day

    The criminal destruction of literature is usually perpetrated by the ethically, morally, interlectually and ideologically bankrupt. Typical of the idiotic, stupid bigoted southern US evangelical movement to suggest such criminal behavior, I'll bet that they don't realise that much of whats written in the Qu'ran is plagierised from their Christian Bibles.
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours ." Steven Roberts

    The likelyhood of you being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your actions.

    Barack Hussein Obama, the president that got Bin Laden!

Similar Threads

  1. America, free speech, and the Qur'an
    By Barry in forum United States Politics Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 07:53 PM
  2. Burn a Koran Day
    By 5K3PT1C in forum War, Conflicts & Terrorism Forum
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 13-09-2010, 11:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •