Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is north korea a threat

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Is north korea a threat

It now has nukes and it could be doing that internet hack thing.

Is it a threat?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Is north korea a threat

In a word, yes they are.
    And what is more the west has itself to blame. We have spent the last 20 years pre-occupying oursleves with dominating the middle east, responding to phantom threats of anhialation from none existent WMD's.
    The latest number one threat comes from Iran if Obama and Clinton are to be believed. The rhetoric says that Iran could be less than 10 years away from developing and obtaining a nuclear weapon. Well according to rational nuclear sceintists, we could say that about Hawai and it would be correct. In the 1930's the US was only a decade away from developing and using an atomic weapon, and it hadn't even concieved of the idea at that point.
    Iran is a long way from developing weapons grade enriched uranium. Their centrifuges self destruct before they get anywhere near the speed required. And so far, despite every attempt by the west, no one can come up with a shred of evidence that Iran is even pursuing a nuclear weapons program. Mahmūd Ahmadinezhād recently wrote to Hillary Clinton offering unconditional talks and negotiations on Irans nuclear programs, Obama opted for sanctions with a clear threat to the rest of the world. Basically what Obama is saying is "we have the skini on Iran, even though we don't have a shred of evdence against them, but you have to believe it too or else".
    Having said that, with the rhetoric coming from Washington and Israel, and with the level of illega US led military activity on Irans doorstep, they would be crazy NOT to be developing a deterant.

All this fanatical propaganda against Iran, the persecution of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the continued terror campaigns against south American countries, has been going on at a time when NK has been developing WMD's and the means to deliver them practically unhindered under the protective umbrella of China.
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours ." Steven Roberts

The likelyhood of you being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your actions.

Barack Hussein Obama, the president that got Bin Laden!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radical change View Post

Is it a threat?
    What "internet hack thing"?

I don't really think that they are a threat, well not to anyone outside their limited missile envelope anyway. Personally I think that Kim is into posturing but won't do anything to threaten his rule.

Posturing?
    North Korea has threatened to launch what it calls a "sacred war" against America and South Korea if they go ahead with military exercises.
    The large-scale naval and aerial exercises are due to begin on Sunday with a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier taking part.
    North Korea says it will start a "retaliatory sacred war" based on its own nuclear deterrent if the allies do not cancel the exercises.

So I suppose that if he actually carries out his threat then I am wrong, it not ...

Published: August 5, 2010

SEOUL, South Korea — kicked off one of its largest-ever naval exercises on Thursday in waters near a disputed western sea border with North Korea, despite the North’s threat to retaliate by attacking the South’s warships participating in the drill.

So the exercises have started and Kim has done.... not a sausage, perhaps they are having trouble lighting the blue touchpaper on their rockets. Still I suppose they have time, perhaps sacred wars take along time to organise or something.

Technically though old Kim can save face since in deference to China's protest the previous "joint exercise" was held off the east coast as opposed to the site of the sunk Cheonan.
    The richest man is not he who has the most but he who needs the least.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I don't get it how is Iran getting a nuke in 10 years a threat when north korea are more likely to go to war and already have nukes and will probably be building lotz knowing them.

Also they have built invasion tunnels

crazylilting Guest

When all the problems of late started up in the middle east i had a discussion with my partner and said that we didn't need to worry about them as much as we have to worry about Korea. Why we stood by and allowed them to gain nuclear capability is beyond me. I think they are a scary bunch. As it is we are spread to thin on to many war fronts and it is only a matter of time before we have to address the North Korea issue.

I don't know about the hacking thing but anyone with enough money and a big enough reason could bring any country down. I believe recently there was a gathering on this very issue. They classed such an internet attack as bad as biological warfare. The devastation that could be delivered through the internet could easily cripple any country, take down any financial institution if not all of them. It makes me wonder why even bother with war, or why they aren't used together.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crazylilting View Post
    When all the problems of late started up in the middle east i had a discussion with my partner and said that we didn't need to worry about them as much as we have to worry about Korea. Why we stood by and allowed them to gain nuclear capability is beyond me. I think they are a scary bunch. As it is we are spread to thin on to many war fronts and it is only a matter of time before we have to address the North Korea issue.
    I think the reason nobody did anything was due to the fact that "very large China" has their back.
    The richest man is not he who has the most but he who needs the least.

kathaksung Guest

Quote Originally Posted by radical change View Post

Is it a threat?
    It seems a copy of WMD story of Iraq. The super power of Cat Kindom says Rat state is a big threat to it.

What I know is N. Korea has no missile powerful enough to hit Continent America. How many nuclear bombs does it have? Modern war is a war with economic resource. How can a country that is not able to feed its own people to wage a war against the super power?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kathaksung View Post
    It seems a copy of WMD story of Iraq. The super power of Cat Kindom says Rat state is a big threat to it.

What I know is N. Korea has no missile powerful enough to hit Continent America. How many nuclear bombs does it have? Modern war is a war with economic resource. How can a country that is not able to feed its own people to wage a war against the super power?
    It doesn't need or want to, rather it can wage a war against the US's main allies in North Asia, South Korea and Japan, and nukes aside, North Korea has one of the world's largest standing armies. Having said that I don't believe it's a threat under the current Government, North Korea I think is actually legitimately scared of being invaded by the US, making nukes was not just a political stunt but rather what North Korea seriously believed what was required to defend itself.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kathaksung View Post

Nonesense. There can be no legitimate comparison between Iraq and NK. Iraq had no WMD's, not even a credible program to develop them. NK has tested numerous Nukes, and has the capability to launch them. The fact that they don't yet have the capability to deliver nukes to the West doesn't lessen the threat.
    The reason NK's people are starving is because Kim Jong Il spends all of his countries wealth on the military. Russia and China suffered crippling famines in the 20th century, killing millions of peasent farmers and villagers, yet they still remained a threat in the eyes of the west.
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours ." Steven Roberts

The likelyhood of you being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your actions.

Barack Hussein Obama, the president that got Bin Laden!

kathaksung Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DaveUK View Post
    Nonesense. There can be no legitimate comparison between Iraq and NK. Iraq had no WMD's, not even a credible program to develop them.
    I wish you had used same tone when Bush declare Iraq was a big threat to US with its WMD. I could imagine at that time you beat the drum for him because that's your job, to defend your employer.

Yes, N.korea has strong army. But it is only a puppet manipulated by two powers - US and China. It is never treated as a threat to US. It only used as a false flag to intimidate people. Just like what they intimidate people with Al Qaida.

Here is a news to overcome your nonsense:

North Korea had nuclear test. It also threatens a war on US. Iran never does a nuclear test. It also says it has no intention to do so. Yet, North Korea got food aid from US and Iran gets a sanction.
    Quote:
    Obama keeps N. Korea off terror sponsor list

Feb. 3, 2010

President Barack Obama said Wednesday he had decided not to reinstate nuclear-armed North Korea to a list of countries that the United States considers state sponsors of terrorism.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35225224
    Last edited by Midas; 08-11-2010 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Corrected quote tags