Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: North Korea Once Again Rattles It's Saber

Thanks
    Blog Entries

North Korea Once Again Rattles It's Saber

One of these days the Dear Psychopath, ah, I mean leader is going to completely lose his tenuous grip on reality, then it will be, as we say in the U.S., Katy bar the door.

guardian.co.uk, Friday 23 July 2010 11.35 BSTNorth Korea threatens 'physical response' to US military exercises

Regime sees naval and air drills as sign of hostility as US urges Asian nations to enforce UN sanctions against North Korea

North Korea threatens 'physical response' to US military exercises | World news | guardian.co.uk

• �For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.�

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 822 Posts

Re: North Korea Once Again Rattles It's Saber

I think it is time for "regime change", don't you, Don?
    I'm sure he is really a very nice person, just misunderstood by us in the West.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I think it is time for "regime change", don't you, Don?
    I'm sure he is really a very nice person, just misunderstood by us in the West.
    I agree completely, unfortunately to quote Mao, power grows from the barrel of a gun and he appears to have all of them under his thumb.

If he's misunderstood, perhaps it's due to our inability to understand the language called 'unbridled insanity'. I swear to you, I'm not truly a violent man, but I would gladly kill the SOB and take my chances with my maker.

• �For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.�

Thanks

We also have to kill the dead leader, Don.
    They really are off the wall.
    Actually they could even attack one of the ships on manoeuvres - but there will be all hell let loose if they do.
    WW3 couldn't start out there, could it?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    We also have to kill the dead leader, Don.
    They really are off the wall.
    Actually they could even attack one of the ships on manoeuvres - but there will be all hell let loose if they do.
    WW3 couldn't start out there, could it?
    I believe it could start there, and there have been several scenarios and novel plots, by writers with an "in" that put forward the possibility, in saner times. Bottom line we have a psychopath with 26 million slaves who only hear what he wants them to, a huge army and his thumb on the nuclear trigger. China appears committed to NK which makes it even more likely because that commitment only feeds his delusions. China needs to step up and put a check rein on that fool, if they are interested in world and theater stability.

Thanks

The trouble is Don, many people believe that N Korea is China's deniable military proxy and, as such, they will not rein them in at all.
    Nor will they curtail trade, or show any other hostile action towards them.
    South Korea are still officially at war with the North, I believe, and the North see the USA and the South as an allied enemy.
    Your bit of the USA is not in range of their missiles, but California, Hawaii and Alaska could be. Your navy can give that many megawatt laser another urgent test if they start slinging stuff over.
    Anyway, I hear you are a bit depressed with mankind, so chin up mate, let's enjoy every day as if it is our last!

Thanks

More happy news from the BBC about N Korea:
    BBC News - North Korea warns of nuclear 'sacred war'
    "The army and people of the DPRK will start a retaliatory sacred war of their own style based on nuclear deterrent any time necessary in order to counter the US imperialists and the South Korean puppet forces deliberately pushing the situation to the brink of a war,"

Lots2say Guest

I have a friend who is currently teaching English in South Korea. From what I hear there are few people there who take the threats seriously, perhaps it is the case of 'the boy who cried Wolf'? But yes, the two countries are still at war, officially at least. You can take a tour to the DMZ (Demilitarised Zone) which is said to be rather sinister and disturbing. I would think the biggest problem with overthrowing the regime of NK would be what to so with the millions (?) of brainwashed souls who will be in need of assistance afterwards.

Midas Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lots2say View Post
    I have a friend who is currently teaching English in South Korea. From what I hear there are few people there who take the threats seriously, perhaps it is the case of 'the boy who cried Wolf'? But yes, the two countries are still at war, officially at least. You can take a tour to the DMZ (Demilitarised Zone) which is said to be rather sinister and disturbing. I would think the biggest problem with overthrowing the regime of NK would be what to so with the millions (?) of brainwashed souls who will be in need of assistance afterwards.
    Weren't we faced with the same question before the borders between West Germany and East Germany were opened though? There were major concerns that the flood of people from the East would drag the whole of Germany down, and whilst it did have an initial economic impact, the resultant whole Germany has bounced back to a similar level to the former West half. Surely the same would happen in Korea? There are parallels between the people in respect of their industriousness and their determination to succeed, so I for one wouldn't have any particular concerns about any long term problems.

Yeti Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Midas View Post
    Weren't we faced with the same question before the borders between West Germany and East Germany were opened though? There were major concerns that the flood of people from the East would drag the whole of Germany down, and whilst it did have an initial economic impact, the resultant whole Germany has bounced back to a similar level to the former West half. Surely the same would happen in Korea? There are parallels between the people in respect of their industriousness and their determination to succeed, so I for one wouldn't have any particular concerns about any long term problems.
    I think the situation is some what different, East Germany was a fairly well industrialized nation with a functioning economy and industries abit in a somewhat sickly state. North Korea is a economic wreck, the main employer is the military and they are suffering major shortages is food fuel and spare parts the population is starving yet the government still spends money attempting to ballistic missiles and ICBMS . Flight time for the air force is down massively due to shortages and the fear that aircrews with attempt to defect. Most of their armour is scrap aside from a few key units used to maintain order, and the navy is no better. They only military threat the North poss is down to their artillery (tube and missile) and its proximity to Seoul although one can only guess at the state of the equipment and ammo supplies, most of it is probably more dangerous to them than the south. As for their nuclear program, they do not have a weapon or a reliable means of delivery for that weapons, it not as simple as just popping a bomb on the top of a missile and launching it. If they try it will A: Likely not launch at all. B: The missile will go bang at or not long after launch C: The war head will fail.

The main threat to the South will be the economic damage caused by absorbing the north will, although it is more likely that china will walk strait in if a collapse does occur as they do not want a strong united Korea on their border.