Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67

Thread: When do we tackle the yobs?

  1. #1
    Tootrue Guest

    When do we tackle the yobs?

    I was utterly disgusted to read about two teenage yobs attacking the pilot of an air ambulance and delaying a baby getting treatment for scalds. The story is here. I want to know how the government is going to tackle this huge problem.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Portsmouth Hants
    Posts
    769
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: When do we tackle the yobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tootrue View Post
    I was utterly disgusted to read about two teenage yobs attacking the pilot of an air ambulance and delaying a baby getting treatment for scalds. The story is here. I want to know how the government is going to tackle this huge problem.
    A very sad state of afairs. No doubt our resident "do-gooders" will argue that they had a deprived childhood: Never had a bike, an ice cream or love from their parents - a trip to center parks or Kenya would put everything right; making them reformed young people. 90% re-offend in fact.

    A person who knowingly damages an air ambulance is scum! Untill we see the return of corporal punishment and proper remand homes for youth crime, it will continue. However, the crime I would charge these two with is attempted murder and put them behind bars where they belong.

    The only democratic party to combat this kind of thing is UKIP. Untill people vote for change - this will continue. The present goverment will only offer more of Gordon Brown"s weak, EU approved, methods. We need to come out of our comfort zones and put in power a party that is not afraid to meet this problem head on.

    So in answer to the question - nothing, I"m afraid. However, if the pilot had accidently killed one of them, he would have been very likely sentenced to life for murder. I think something needs to change.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    7,559
    Thanks
    1,219
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 822 Posts

    Re: When do we tackle the yobs?

    Kent Police said a 19-year-old male was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and public order offences, and a 17-year-old youth was arrested on suspicion of common assault and public order offences.

    They have been arrested, and the case is pending further enquiries - what more do you want.
    There is already law covering this type of behaviour.
    I wonder what is the REAL point of this thread.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern US
    Posts
    2,336
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 194 Times in 114 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: When do we tackle the yobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tootrue View Post
    I was utterly disgusted to read about two teenage yobs attacking the pilot of an air ambulance and delaying a baby getting treatment for scalds. The story is here. I want to know how the government is going to tackle this huge problem.
    Which "huge problem" is that? Surely the attacking of air ambulances is not occurring that often. Is the "huge problem" 'yobs' in general?

    Being an American, and not knowing 'exactly' what a yob is I looked it up on the Urban Dictionary site and found this highly interesting quotation from one Harry Flashman. "Sid Vicious was a yob...but, you know, people change...they get older, wiser...they mature...Sid's no longer a yob; he's dead."

    Perhaps they should have found another pilot and then airdropped the pair from a few thousand feet. Wonder how high they'd bounce?

    All silliness aside, I agree it was a terrible incident and they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Beyond that, what do you want?

    • �For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.�


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern US
    Posts
    2,336
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 194 Times in 114 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: When do we tackle the yobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    A very sad state of afairs. No doubt our resident "do-gooders" will argue that they had a deprived childhood: Never had a bike, an ice cream or love from their parents - a trip to center parks or Kenya would put everything right; making them reformed young people. 90% re-offend in fact.
    Don't forget the trip to Kenya and the go kart lessons you're so fond of bringing up like Lazarus rising from the grave.
    (you know I couldn't let that go, when you dangled the "do-gooder" bait)

    A person who knowingly damages an air ambulance is scum! Untill we see the return of corporal punishment and proper remand homes for youth crime, it will continue. However, the crime I would charge these two with is attempted murder and put them behind bars where they belong.
    What will continue? The damaging of air ambulances? Has this happened often? Attempted murder is harder to prove. Maybe the little darlings were simply trying to defend themselves.

    The only democratic party to combat this kind of thing is UKIP. Untill people vote for change - this will continue. The present goverment will only offer more of Gordon Brown"s weak, EU approved, methods. We need to come out of our comfort zones and put in power a party that is not afraid to meet this problem head on.
    Quite possibly a few more years of UKIP fear mongering might bring about your wanted change, but I'll wager if that ever happens and they do take that hard line, it will be with everyone and you may not like the result all that much.

    So in answer to the question - nothing, I"m afraid. However, if the pilot had accidently killed one of them, he would have been very likely sentenced to life for murder. I think something needs to change.
    All of which is pure conjecture on your part.

    • �For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.�


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Portsmouth Hants
    Posts
    769
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: When do we tackle the yobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Don't forget the trip to Kenya and the go kart lessons you're so fond of bringing up like Lazarus rising from the grave.
    (you know I couldn't let that go, when you dangled the "do-gooder" bait)



    What will continue? The damaging of air ambulances? Has this happened often? Attempted murder is harder to prove. Maybe the little darlings were simply trying to defend themselves.



    Quite possibly a few more years of UKIP fear mongering might bring about your wanted change, but I'll wager if that ever happens and they do take that hard line, it will be with everyone and you may not like the result all that much.



    All of which is pure conjecture on your part.
    Good Morning Don! You never cease to amaze me! I thought I would hear from you on this. Afterall, you are one of those well meaning souls I was refering to. Sorry I couldn"t get back sooner - pressures of work, I"m afraid. What you say is true - politicians do hide things - Labour, 1997, is the example that sticks in my mind - they were very hard on the the UK popultion - especialy for the tax paying law abiding. However, life"s a gamble and a party that says it supports the rights of people like me and the vast majority - I am prepared to give them my vote, and take the risk.

    You saying trying to defend themselves? Defend themselves from what? I am sure the pilot was only trying to get this badly scalded baby to hospital - that"s what ambulance staff normaly do, in the the UK, or the USA; they don"t normaly attack members of the public, unless for a very good reason, like damaging air ambulances. The reason I said they should be charged with attempted murder is an attack on an aircraft is not like an attack on a road vehicle, that can quite oftten pull over. If an aircraft crashes through vandalism - you can potentialy have a mini holocaust, given the right set of circumstaces. "Conjecturer" you say, had the ambulance crashed into a city, you could have had another 9/11 in terms of dead and injured. As you say, maybe be hard to prove - but if I was the CPS I would have damn good try.

    I would say to you, again, you could be a victim of people such as this - it is going all the time. Would you be this impartial then? That is what the question you have to ask yourself. Again, everybody I spoken too about this, has reacted with outrage at such an incident. Normaly, by the rules of war, it would not happen even in a global conflict. I think you are one of these that likes to be different. Any normal person would react with outrage at this. So far the only person to show common sense on this is tootrue. No wonder the country going to the dogs.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Portsmouth Hants
    Posts
    769
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: When do we tackle the yobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    They have been arrested, and the case is pending further enquiries - what more do you want.
    There is already law covering this type of behaviour.
    I wonder what is the REAL point of this thread.
    I think what tootrue is saying, how about the goverment bringing in appropriate measures to combat this kind of behavoir? It"s certainly what I an saying! The exsisting sanctions do not work. Plus as the the thread says, "when should we tackle yobs"?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Portsmouth Hants
    Posts
    769
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: When do we tackle the yobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Which "huge problem" is that? Surely the attacking of air ambulances is not occurring that often. Is the "huge problem" 'yobs' in general?

    Being an American, and not knowing 'exactly' what a yob is I looked it up on the Urban Dictionary site and found this highly interesting quotation from one Harry Flashman. "Sid Vicious was a yob...but, you know, people change...they get older, wiser...they mature...Sid's no longer a yob; he's dead."

    Perhaps they should have found another pilot and then airdropped the pair from a few thousand feet. Wonder how high they'd bounce?

    All silliness aside, I agree it was a terrible incident and they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Beyond that, what do you want?
    "Which huge problem"? By saying that you confirm you don"t understand the problem in question. A problem that is causing misey to millions of people in Britain - as well as your country, and others. We have an ineffective Police force, inadequate punishments and complacent judges and politicians who do not live among problem.

    But, on a brighter note, you say "they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law". Congratulations! that"s the first time you have shown any sign of compassion towards the victims; although mared by that rather sick joke, bearing in mind a young child was severly injured, and need of urgent treatment from a hospital, which our two deprived youths denied him, by their thoughtless actions.

    I have been a victim of yobs in the past - not ln a life threating way. But enough to know that turning the other cheek doesn"t work. Unfortunately, you have to meet violence with violence - not the easiest solution for ordinary people - but the most succesful, because it works.

    As for our friend from the 70s - you mess about with drugs, you die! A lot of people need to learn that lesson.

    And what do we want? Simple! Justice! Unfortunately, we have people like yourself running the Police, Courts and prisons, so I won"t hold out to much hope on seeing an appropriate result on this.

  9. #9
    soloman Guest

    Re: When do we tackle the yobs?

    It seems that at least the police have taken action and now it is for the law to grind slowly to achieve justice. I don't enjoy reading articles like this, but even our new good government takes time to make changes so we will have to hope that the courts will deal adequately with these individuals. Our track record is not good in this direction and the coalition are likely to be severely restricted financially in what they can do about this situation.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern US
    Posts
    2,336
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 194 Times in 114 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: When do we tackle the yobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Good Morning Don! You never cease to amaze me! I thought I would hear from you on this. Afterall, you are one of those well meaning souls I was refering to. Sorry I couldn"t get back sooner - pressures of work, I"m afraid. What you say is true - politicians do hide things - Labour, 1997, is the example that sticks in my mind - they were very hard on the the UK popultion - especialy for the tax paying law abiding. However, life"s a gamble and a party that says it supports the rights of people like me and the vast majority - I am prepared to give them my vote, and take the risk.

    You saying trying to defend themselves? Defend themselves from what? I am sure the pilot was only trying to get this badly scalded baby to hospital - that"s what ambulance staff normaly do, in the the UK, or the USA; they don"t normaly attack members of the public, unless for a very good reason, like damaging air ambulances. The reason I said they should be charged with attempted murder is an attack on an aircraft is not like an attack on a road vehicle, that can quite oftten pull over. If an aircraft crashes through vandalism - you can potentialy have a mini holocaust, given the right set of circumstaces. "Conjecturer" you say, had the ambulance crashed into a city, you could have had another 9/11 in terms of dead and injured. As you say, maybe be hard to prove - but if I was the CPS I would have damn good try.

    I would say to you, again, you could be a victim of people such as this - it is going all the time. Would you be this impartial then? That is what the question you have to ask yourself. Again, everybody I spoken too about this, has reacted with outrage at such an incident. Normaly, by the rules of war, it would not happen even in a global conflict. I think you are one of these that likes to be different. Any normal person would react with outrage at this. So far the only person to show common sense on this is tootrue. No wonder the country going to the dogs.
    You are so devoid of a sense of humor it is truly pathetic. You also take yourself way to seriously.

    • �For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.�


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •