Thread: Pagan police can take time of for festivals

Eurosceptic Guest

Pagan police can take time of for festivals

I've heard everything now. The Pagan Police Association has now been officially recognised as a minority group and will be given the same rights as any other minority group with time off for religious festivals and such like. I don't remember being given any time off for anything other than officially recognised Bank holidays when I was at work.

Midas Guest

Re: Pagan police can take time of for festivals

Just another example of bending over backward to let minority groups have priority over everyone else as far as I can see.

soloman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Eurosceptic View Post
    I've heard everything now. The Pagan Police Association has now been officially recognised as a minority group and will be given the same rights as any other minority group with time off for religious festivals and such like. I don't remember being given any time off for anything other than officially recognised Bank holidays when I was at work.
    Too true!

What defines a minority group? Do you need a simple membership of more than 1 person!?

Midas Guest

Quote Originally Posted by soloman View Post
    Too true!

What defines a minority group? Do you need a simple membership of more than 1 person!?
    My dictionary defines "a group" as any number of entities or members considered as a unit, so by that definition a single person could indeed be defined as a group, and you couldn't be much more of a minority than as a group of one. Not sure how it would hold up in law though.

Thanks

I don"t know, this is quite mild, really - least we know where to find one, if we need one: Dancing stark naked at a ruined church, with fellow officers making up the other members of the coven.

Thanks

It is only fair that people ,whatever their jobs or beliefs are allowed time off to celebrate the festivals of their choice.This time off should be included (and probably is in the case of the police) in the annual holiday allowance.
    The Pagan callender shows 8 major festivals.The same number of bank holidays we currently have in England.The Pagan Police Association would obviously be delighted to work on the days (double bubble) when the rest of us are off work

soloman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Midas View Post
    Just another example of bending over backward to let minority groups have priority over everyone else as far as I can see.
    If this is because of human rights regulations then the sooner they are repealed the better.

Greg Lance-Watkins Guest

Hi,

To QUOTE: John Basil Barnhill:
    "Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty."
    Be oh so minded of this FACT when you reflect upon OUR Governments betrayal to the rule of aliens centralised in The EU under the malign New Constitution The Lisbon Treaty in all its irrelevant, unlawful dishonesty.

IF YOU DOUBT that when The Government fears the people they have Liberty be minded that OUR Government and its parasites are currently not only funding the polygamy of Islam and its practices, but permitting variance of our planning laws for specific sectors of those who DEMAND, and also permitting the influx of Sharia Law not JUST to take precedence over British Law for they betrayed that many years ago to the corrupt and undemocratic concepts of Justice from the top down as a 'system of REPRESSION' under The EU's 'Corpus Juris' - but also precedent over the risible Justice of The EU.

Regards,
    Greg_L-W.

PS
    permitting variance of our planning laws for specific sectors of those who DEMAND : So called 'travellers' who no longer feel like travelling have set up a squatter camp in Green Belt land in The Meridan Constituency in The West Midlands and since Easter the authorities have done next best to nothing of value nor have the police - it is however a flagrant disregard and breech of planning laws!

So are all the mobile homes and lorries and the hard standing areas they have built on the land they have acquired.

Just as the same type of layabouts and yobs stole a strip of land along side Aust services from a Farmer and it is now teeming with people and an industry stripping vehicles down and shoving the carcase on the beach!

They brook no tyranny whilst WE PAY.