Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is a cap on non-EU immigrants really going to make a difference?

Tootrue Guest

Is a cap on non-EU immigrants really going to make a difference?

The Cleggeron coalition have decided to cap non-EU immigration but haven't we already seen figures that show that most of our immigrants are actually from within the EU? This means that I may lose my South African dentist or Australian doctor but the Romanian gangs who disable children in order to make money from begging are allowed to stay.

Midas Guest

Re: Is a cap on non-EU immigrants really going to make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Tootrue View Post
    The Cleggeron coalition have decided to cap non-EU immigration but haven't we already seen figures that show that most of our immigrants are actually from within the EU? This means that I may lose my South African dentist or Australian doctor but the Romanian gangs who disable children in order to make money from begging are allowed to stay.
    I doubt it very much, and you've got a very good point unless there are different caps for different grades of job.

Thanks

Well, a year on and the coalition government has done nothing on immigration. In fact its got worse .
    These immigration figures should give David Cameron sleepless nights – Telegraph Blogs

The Cameron coalition hasn't delivered on anything .

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Look I fail to see the problem IF GB does what France doea.
    I was talking to a British woman yesterday who used to run an accounting office and had 200 people under her. She can't work in France because her qualifications, being British, aren't seen as equivalent in France and she has to study for another French one to be able to work. The same happens for teachers and almost all other skiled labour.
    It is a simple matter of doing the same in GB. You don't work unless you pass our equivalency exams. Perfectly within the rights of any EU country. It isn't a matter of complicated legal conditions and acts of Parliament. It is a matter that unions, professional associations and bodies, bodies of registration of chartered professionals etc all insist on it and lobby Parliament. It isn't discrimination. It is proving that the applicant is as good as someone form GB itself.
    Seems straightforward to me.

soloman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Streetwalker View Post
    Well, a year on and the coalition government has done nothing on immigration. In fact its got worse .
    These immigration figures should give David Cameron sleepless nights Telegraph Blogs

The Cameron coalition hasn't delivered on anything .
    It certainly seems that way.
    Tebbit also mentions the dreaded Human Rights legislation introduced by Tony Blair which actually discriminates against the resident population; how crazy is that?

AMGINGLES Guest

Equivalence tests are important as they stop would stop the Pakistani doctors who's certificates where printed on an Epson 500 in Faisal's garage. Immigration is central to the New World Order Idea. It destroys Nationalism and allows the remolding of society in the corporatist image. In addition it creates labour competition and weakens the people.

Can you imagine what this country would have been like if the government had been able to draft in millions of immigrants during the dock strikes of the late 1800s? Well your about to find out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Look I fail to see the problem IF GB does what France doea.
    I was talking to a British woman yesterday who used to run an accounting office and had 200 people under her. She can't work in France because her qualifications, being British, aren't seen as equivalent in France and she has to study for another French one to be able to work. The same happens for teachers and almost all other skiled labour.
    It is a simple matter of doing the same in GB. You don't work unless you pass our equivalency exams. Perfectly within the rights of any EU country. It isn't a matter of complicated legal conditions and acts of Parliament. It is a matter that unions, professional associations and bodies, bodies of registration of chartered professionals etc all insist on it and lobby Parliament. It isn't discrimination. It is proving that the applicant is as good as someone form GB itself.
    Seems straightforward to me.
    The problem is Lois that the vast majority of immigrants that come to the UK are either unskilled or looking for work in industries such as Construction where certification can be completed in a matter of days.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The problem is Lois that the vast majority of immigrants that come to the UK are either unskilled or looking for work in industries such as Construction where certification can be completed in a matter of days.

I understood that bricklayers and plasterers etc all belong to guilds or unions or COULD do.
    If the will is there that way is clear.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    I understood that bricklayers and plasterers etc all belong to guilds or unions or COULD do.
    If the will is there that way is clear.

That is not the case though the last Labour government started a scheme ( CSCS - Construction Skills Certification Scheme ) in an attempt to certificate construction workers. The Old City and Guilds apprenticships are no longer recognised . For 30 a Bricklayer can now get a card that tells him he is a bricklayer. For 30 Johnny forigner can get a card that tells his employer he is a bricklayer. For 30 I can get a card for you that says you are a Bricklayer. The Scheme is a complete farce .
    The Guild of mastercraftsmen membership can be bought for about 100, another joke.

Someone is making a hell of a lot of cash out of these 'card schemes' and it aint me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

That is not the case though the last Labour government started a scheme ( CSCS - Construction Skills Certification Scheme ) in an attempt to certificate construction workers. The Old City and Guilds apprenticships are no longer recognised . For 30 a Bricklayer can now get a card that tells him he is a bricklayer. For 30 Johnny forigner can get a card that tells his employer he is a bricklayer. For 30 I can get a card for you that says you are a Bricklayer. The Scheme is a complete farce .
    The Guild of mastercraftsmen membership can be bought for about 100, another joke.

Someone is making a hell of a lot of cash out of these 'card schemes' and it aint me.
    Well that shouldn't be too difficult to change if the will is there.
    If each craft had a governing body and insisted on equivalency tests before handing out licences, (a fairly simple thing to do IMO) then the route to easy work would be blocked.
    OTOH if GB leaves all its doors open you can't blame someone for going in. Nor can you blame anyone for allowing corruption to start. But instead of relying on the givt to find rthe silver bullet, each craft or skill could organise itslef prooperly without breaking any laws about discrimination etc. In the end it might raise standards too. There are a lot of native Brit cowboys out there who need to be stopped.