Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yes, he thinks we're a bunch of ****s

georgepopovic Guest

Yes, he thinks we're a bunch of ****s

Just heard Alistair Darling fearing that if we're not nice the banks and bankers, we'll be "exporting jobs". Just who is so keen for a repeat performance that they're busting to import such a bunch of crooks? Not even America is as keen. Alistair, you're mad to want to keep the buggers. By the way "****s" is not so offensive; it starts with "tw" and has "at" before the S

Major Sinic Guest

Re: Yes, he thinks we're a bunch of ****s

Quote Originally Posted by georgepopovic View Post
    Just heard Alistair Darling fearing that if we're not nice the banks and bankers, we'll be "exporting jobs". Just who is so keen for a repeat performance that they're busting to import such a bunch of crooks? Not even America is as keen. Alistair, you're mad to want to keep the buggers. By the way "****s" is not so offensive; it starts with "tw" and has "at" before the S
    A very small percentage of those people employed in banking were in any way responsible for the collapse of the banking system, along with the government of course whose duty and obligation it was to regulate the banking system, and who failed so woefully in doing so. Few of those involved still hold executive positions within the industry, and quite rightly so.

There are however many immensely clever, experienced and capable people employed in banking, many of whom have contributed to the recovery of the banks which employ them. This is why the taxpayers investment in RBS and Lloyds is now worth, more than the rescue package cost the taxpayer. These people know their worth, and they know that if they continue to be pilloried and victimised by ignorant observers then they can and will do better elsewhere.

Their departure will be our loss not theirs. Alistair Darling is for once displaying sound judgment in my opinion.

Midas Guest

Quote Originally Posted by georgepopovic View Post
    As Major Sinic has pointed out, it's only been a tiny proportion of those in the banking and financial services industries who have been in any way responsible for the problems there've been, and even then, much of what occurred was initiated by slow and ill considered government legislation.

The financial services industry is one of Britain's biggest earners of foreign exchange, money which is absolutely vital to help paying off the debts which this government have saddled us with for the next generation. I would have thought that the consequences of the ill conceived 50% tax band, when so much capital left the country within weeks of its announcement to make it's overall effect perhaps even negative to the Treasury, introduced by the very same Alistair Darling, would have given him some idea of how much we need this industry sector.

Start messing with those who bring this country its wealth and jobs and soon there'll be very little country left; if anyone can't see this, or is so swayed by their ideology to dismiss it, they're not only an idiot but a very short sighted and narrow minded idiot.

Citizen Smith Guest

Ah shut up Midas, you fascist hugging, capitalist licking Bigot. The guys right- we can't worry about them leaving, we have to be strong and principled- bankers walk all over this country.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Midas View Post
    they're not only an idiot but a very short sighted and narrow minded idiot.
    I think they call that "Game Set and Match"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,131 Times in 823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Smith View Post
    Ah shut up Midas, you fascist hugging, capitalist licking Bigot. The guys right- we can't worry about them leaving, we have to be strong and principled- bankers walk all over this country.
    What do you suggest, firebombing the banks and murdering 2 or 3 of them?

Greece crisis: three bank workers killed in street protests - Telegraph

Citizen Smith Guest

The Greeks are really going for it- a nation must fall to its knees before its people can rise up!

Major Sinic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Smith View Post
    I would like to see you strong and principled, when those who, one way or another, pay your weekly giro cheque decide enough is enough. No free health care, education, welfare because those who create the wealth are creating it somewhere else. Your unnecessarily offensive rhetoric reflects badly on nobody but you. Your own stated totalitarian ideology involving as it does the removal of the right to choose your own government, and forcing the people in our society to work only for the state, illustrated better than anything I can say, that you are probably closer to being a true fascist than anyone else on this board.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    I would like to see you strong and principled, when those who, one way or another, pay your weekly giro cheque decide enough is enough. No free health care, education, welfare because those who create the wealth are creating it somewhere else. Your unnecessarily offensive rhetoric reflects badly on nobody but you. Your own stated totalitarian ideology involving as it does the removal of the right to choose your own government, and forcing the people in our society to work only for the state, illustrated better than anything I can say, that you are probably closer to being a true fascist than anyone else on this board.
    What even more so than the guy who descrbes himself as "the Fascist"? And giro cheques?! Get with the ****ing programme Major Major, its JSA now you antique salesman. Thats right. You and Midas the antiques salesmen, selling as you are the outdated, dusty and passed down bits of ideological tat that most people would throw out without a second's thought.

"ooh blame the government, its all the government's fault, we need people of wealth and power, how could the plebs possibly look after themselves...Jesus Christ!"

Midas called CS an idiot. He called Midas a bigot. Except Midas did it in that disguised way he loves so ****ing much. I'm no communist but even so, give the banks a free pass?!

**** that with a acidic baseball bat
    Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time.
    E. B. White

"
    To be honest, you think a/c jump the fence, I say the whole college jump the fence"
    The wonder that is Angelcountry
    "If we're going to have a police state, at least orgainise it properly!"
    Guy Outside the Chilcott Enquiry as he was led away by police for causing a 'disturbance' (thanks to LA I now know his name is Michael Culver)

Major Sinic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DTE View Post
    What even more so than the guy who descrbes himself as "the Fascist"? And giro cheques?! Get with the ****ing programme Major Major, its JSA now you antique salesman. Thats right. You and Midas the antiques salesmen, selling as you are the outdated, dusty and passed down bits of ideological tat that most people would throw out without a second's thought.

"ooh blame the government, its all the government's fault, we need people of wealth and power, how could the plebs possibly look after themselves...Jesus Christ!"

Midas called CS an idiot. He called Midas a bigot. Except Midas did it in that disguised way he loves so ****ing much. I'm no communist but even so, give the banks a free pass?!

**** that with a acidic baseball bat
    There is such a thing as degree. I realise that to you young firebrands everything is black and white and coloured with pumped up righteous indignation, but to some of those with a little more experience of the real world, we are able to exercise pragmatic judgment without getting ourselves too confused with idealist ideologies which don't work.

I certainly don't, as you suggest, wish to give the banks a free pass. I agree with the profits tax and the additional tax on bonuses. Neither do I wish to pillory them to the extent that they and their key personnel say 'f*** it, anywhere is better than here'. Yes the taxpayer involuntarily paid to bail out the banks, after a few, and we are talking no more than hundreds, greedy and incompetent investment bankers along with an equally incompetent regulatory structure caused the financial meltdown. However many very clever and committed people, uninvolved with the banking collapse, have worked to turn the banks round, and have done so, so successfully that the taxpayers investment is now worth more than the taxpayer paid. These people now want to be paid for their unique contribution.

Whilst some of your young left wing hot head friends are predictable in their ill informed and ignorant posts, I had expected more from you. Do you really not accept that in general private enterprise creates the wealth on which taxes are paid, creates the jobs from which people feed their families and also pay taxes, and that from these taxes, we pay for health, education and welfare? Do you really deny the social and economic benefits of a mixed economy whereby those that can are encouraged by dint of reward to create wealth, within a socially just framework? If so I have finally realised that DTE stands for Deny The Evidence. That balance may sometimes go out of quilter no more so than currently, but ultimately it will be restored.

I am quite happy with my use of the term giro cheque. I understand that benefit recipients who do not have a current bank account are still paid by giro. As for Job Seekers Allowance, I suspect its description is inaccurate in many cases. If the best point you can score is this childish attack on my terminology, you have already lost the debate young man. And what have those delightful people from the Antiques Roadshow done that you wish to turn 'antiques salesmen' into a derogatory term? 'Midas and Sinic - purveyors of fine quality, fully working ideologies in outstanding condition'

PS I am sorry to see you have been banned. Self induced I suspect. Testosterone and righteous indignation does hinder self control.