View Poll Results: Which Theory do you believe in ?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evolution

22 73.33%
  • Creationism

1 3.33%
  • Intelligent Design

2 6.67%
  • Other - Please specify

3 10.00%
  • A mixture of the above

2 6.67%
Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 39 87 88 89

Thread: Half of Britons reject evolution, survey finds

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I used to wonder about "Soul sleep" but I searched the scriptures for that and couldn't find anything.
    For instance, Paul says "Absent from the body, present with the Lord" (That is not hell or any holding room!)
    Also, Jesus said to the thief on the cross, "Today you will be with me in paradise". (I always put extra importance on quoted words of Jesus as he is God).
    There's very little evidence of this idea that our souls "sleep" in scripture, unless you chaps and chapesses think you've found something significant.
    Its hard to know where to start on this. Theres such a tangled web of confusion but in fact the bible is very clear. That the dead sleep in Hell/ Sheol/ Hades/ Grave.

I did quote a scripture that uses the expression "fall asleep" above.

I think the confusion is on 2 main issues.

1) Man IS a soul he does not have one.

Gen 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man BECAME a living soul"

2) Not everyone is the "elect" there are others besides.

Rev 20:4,5 "They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzo View Post
    Its hard to know to know where to start on this. Theres such a tangled web of confusion but in fact the bible is very clear. That the dead sleep in Hell/ Sheol/ Hades/ Grave.

I did quote a scripture that uses the expression "fall asleep" above.

I think the confusion is on 2 main issues.

1) Man IS a soul he does not have one.

Gen 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man BECAME a living soul"

2) Not everyone is the "elect" there are others besides.

Rev 20:4,5 "They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection"
    I agree. Just out of interest are you using only the Bible for your interpretation?
    ...till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me, xx

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    I agree. Just out of interest are you using only the Bible for your interpretation?
    Yes I am.